2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

I have a 2007 civic hatchback and the problem is that the blue light around the rev counter is flickering. Also the screen inside the rev counter disappears as well.
When i hit gently the top of the dashboard the lights come back on but again after a while the flickering comes back. I thought that the problem was to the dimmer that increase and
decreases the dashboard light, but the rest of the dashboard lights such as the radio screen and clock works fine. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
John Babos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I've got the same issue on my 2006 diesel ex-model. if I pop the the dashboard light switch in and out the lights come on. wonder if this is directly to do with a faulty switch. Anybody else having this issue ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Possibly a dry joint in the wiring for that instrument, seems to be an occasional issue with various parts of the 8G dash.
How the hell you fix it yourself I don't know, an auto electrician might.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I press and hold the dimmer that increase and decreases the dashboard light the lights works fine but if I release the dimmer sometimes the lights continue working... but the major part of the times the lights keep turning off

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Suggest you look at that switch for a fault first then.
Bit of work to do to remove dash to change it though - may be some How To in the guides section.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suggest you look at that switch for a fault first then.
Bit of work to do to remove dash to change it though - may be some How To in the guides section.
I finally have the dash/rev counter lights repaired... I had to take it to a specialized workshop: Chipodromo - Reprogramación de Centralitas de Coches they are from Barcelona, Catalonia, 185€ total :) new dash/rev counter here are 600€ more or less.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for the delay! The problem on mine was the connection of the dimmer when it's pressed. They took it apart and fixed the dimmer.
No worries.

But tell me the timmer was replaced?
Was the connection on the side of the dimmer it self, or the instalation of the car that connects to the dimmer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I' ve got this dimmer issue also. A little tip which can sometimes work, as I've done it on many old switches in classics ect - get a can of wd40 with a straw and blast it into the switch. With the dimmer press it to release it and spray directly into gap around the circumference. Depress in and out a few times turning also and cross your fingers that works. If not I will repeat the process but with the switch removed. All I can say is I've had a lot of success with various switches doing similar. I had a classic Hymer with a headlight switch - it also was a depressing switch like the Honda dimmer. Try finding a classic Hymer switch! Anyway, this trick fixed it completely, before that it never worked at all. I've tried this on my Honda dimmer, only time will tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts