2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,

I have a 2005 honda civic sport (obv 1.6) and I have just noticed a problem with it.

When sitting idle in the car with the engine running and you try and rev the car it won't go past 4,000 revs. I have also noticed this in the past few days while driving it also won't go past 4,000 revs - but this is only sometimes other times it goes fine.

Just really need help I have been told a few things it may be such as the cold air intake being damp? fuel filter, dirty fuel etc.

Please could anyone suggest what is wrong and if they have had a similar problem!

Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
if the revs are being limited while driving then your car may be in a limp home mode situation but the engine light should also be on and a permanent dtc stored. is there an engine light?...or has there been?... the best thing to do would be to nip to a honda dealer who can do a live readings test and check for any trouble codes stored. appologies for the misunderstading, is your civic the previous generation?....1.6 engine? you say it limits only sometimes when you are driving. is this after you have been driving for a while and the car is hot or when cold?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a sport 2005 previous model to this one! It seems to happen mostly when colder. No lights have come on or are currently on!Had it out all day today and ran perfectly!Thanks for the help btw!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts