2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been reading some threads on removing and refitting the rev counter facia.

I have a 07 typw R and the rev counter glass is scratched...I can do this job myself but Im wondering can I just buy the piece of glass/plastic...als does anyone have a part number

thanks

Great forum been reading for a while

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I removed my scratches on the rev counter glass with polish for screens of mobile phones. Looks like new, took some time though but easier then changing the glass and cheaper too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed my scratches on the rev counter glass with polish for screens of mobile phones. Looks like new, took some time though but easiern then changing the glass and cheaper too.

that must have taken the tint off

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
Its easy. Been there, done it! You need a philips screwdriver and a pair of hands to wiggle everything out. Only 4 screws and a few plugs. You will also need to disconnect and re connect the battery as unplugging the dials makes the engine management light come on but it resets no problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its easy. Been there, done it! You need a philips screwdriver and a pair of hands to wiggle everything out. Only 4 screws and a few plugs. You will also need to disconnect and re connect the battery as unplugging the dials makes the engine management light come on but it resets no problem.

I think its just getting started if Im honest..Im thinking I could be getting in to something that I cant do.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Go into the general commercial section and see which dealers have posted offers recently then click on their name and send them a message.

The best people tend to be Lancaster Honda, RichardSandersLTD and Western Honda from my personal experiences. Don't expect a reply until tomorrow though! ;)

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
What's the worst that can happen? You save yourself a hundred and sumit quit labour the dealer will charge for 4 screws. Give it a go! Its not like you will render your car unuseable or break anything!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive read how to do this job...what do you need to unplug according to the pictures it goes over everything like a visor

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
You need to take the front panel off - the bit you see with the heater controls, start button etc. So you need to unplug the air con temperature sensor to the left of the steering wheel, take out the 2 screws which become visible when you remove the bit of plastic with the sensor in it,then ease off the rest of the dash and unplug the start button, headlamp adjuster button, air con control plug and vsa button. Take the whole panel away and undo the 2 screws at the top of the visor. It then comes away and you can unclip the blue visor fron the rest of the unit which holds the actual dials and gauges. It is much easier if you unplug it first, but that is what will put the engine management light on. Then put it back together !

I know it sounds daunting but it really is easy!

Phew!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts