2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rev counter is not showing up to the left of the "economy" and speedometer.... would there be any reason for this and how can I get it??

Thanks

James

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
You have to rev near the limiter, 6700rpm for our car...
Also check the option at your information panel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks.... seems silly to only show it at top revs though...why didn't they just put the main one there

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
so I shouldn't change gear until it lights up??
Lol jocking sorry if I messed up your mind, just kidding.

If you do so you will change gear near the limiter.

Let's say their job is to inform you that you are going near the limiter, so you'd better change the gear.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Its a gimick. Theres an article in wiki about it. I believe that its to tell you when you are near the limiter in order to change up, because, if you are driving in such a style, you will be too busy looking out of the windscreen to see your rev counter.... but you should see the yellow lights...

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Its a gimick. Theres an article in wiki about it. I believe that its to tell you when you are near the limiter in order to change up, because, if you are driving in such a style, you will be too busy looking out of the windscreen to see your rev counter.... but you should see the yellow lights...
I agree... certainly a gimmick on anything other than the FN2... I mean, at what moment would you be so rapidly approaching warp factor 10 that you would not have chance to glimpse at the rev counter in a 1.4 SE?
Not really a feature that you can use on the roads either, try explaining to the police "I have no idea what speed I was doing as the only thing I got chance to glimpse at was the limiter warning below the windscreen"!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
No, of course not!!! When I reach the six led mark, I can feel my adrenaline raising!!!

It' s as useful as our engine start button!!!

Enough said. If it was a full key-less set up then the start button would make more sense. Like the rev lights, its a gimmick....but i still like it though!;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
One thing I love about the Type R's awesome engine is the ability to determine revs by the engine note. I have no need for the rev lights - I change gear when it sounds right.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
One thing I love about the Type R's awesome engine is the ability to determine revs by the engine note. I have no need for the rev lights - I change gear when it sounds right.
This os easy also for the type s/1.8 and I believe it's also the same for the 2.2

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
As the rest of the guys say its to let you know that your approaching the limit and you need to shift up a gear

... Granted it is a gimmick but comes in Handy as if you have a FN2 and want to throw it about a bit, you want to keep the Vtech light on, changing gear once you have the orange LED's lit lets you know how much your pushing it to the limit

when your driving fairly fast, your not going to look down at the Rev counter by the steering wheel

.... once you've been driving it for a while, you'll know when your approaching the limit due to the sound of the engine ...... or if your like me you know the VTech has engaged due to your giant erection [smilie=grineyes.gi:

.... to turn on the Rev LED's its done in the settings, hold down the setting button on the steering whell and scroll through the menu's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts