2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know when them rev dots show up on the type r fn2?

they light up when i start the car but ive never seen them light up after??

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
when your about to reach redline :)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Mine disappeared on my Type S after I had it remapped, never bothered me as I never give it a second glace (same with the eco meter)

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Type R also doesnt have ECO lights, it has the vtec one instead I believe.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
They show up as you reach the upper echelons of whatever gear you're in - the VTEC howl will be a giveaway!

However they only light up if you have them enabled... sooo... either you aren't driving hard enough to make them light OR you haven't got them turned on.

Do a quick search for turning on the rev lights and you'll find instructions on the site - that's how I did it. It is also in the manual. You have to go through the menu on the dashboard but I can't remember the exact process.

Actually I may be confusing the process for this with the VTEC light - it's worth looking into.

Take the car for a drive and warm the engine up... then floor it until you reach 8,500 RPM. These rev lights should be lit up now!!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Menu should come on when your parked up, handbrake up, and you hold the "i" button on the steering wheel and cycle through the menu

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
If the Rev lights are not activated, then the white 'REV' sign next to the speedo won't be illuminated. If it is, then they are on, and you need to give it some beans :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts