2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Full Time Dreamer
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new, can I be really dumb and ask what the "Rev" graphic is all about ? I assume its related to the number of posts ? Is there an option to get an "Eco" version as I never see any lights on my "Rev" - I make my Hondas last forever :cool:

·
Full Time Dreamer
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made welcome

Thanks - I guess you're CIVINFOs "ManThatCan" ? I was looking for a specific answer to my dog guard issue but have to say I'm really enjoying chatting with other Honda Civic owner drivers, everybody has made me really welcome. I'm going to get my sticker on a see if I can "eyeball" (dates me ! lol) any others. Had Hondas and Mitsubishisi's most of my life, brief flirtation with an Astra GTE (I was young and foolish !). My Dad used to have a MG Roadster in Red, what he called a "real" MG, not like the Mini Metros and Maestros (which he cursed when they were introduced !). He told me that MG owners ALWAYS waved to each other when they passed on the road. I've tried to get this going with new shape Civics with mixed results. I gave up trying it with Honda Logo as I only ever saw three others in seven years (lol) ! Keep up the good work. Kindest regards David (ManThatCan)

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I found myself giving a little wave on occasion as well, but there are so many about and they are not the real "enthusiasts" cars that the old MGs were, so loads of people oblivious to the forum. I must also stop trying to turn round after every one passes to see if there's a Civinfo sticker, it's a bit dangerous to be obsessed by this. A duplicate sticker on the windscreen in front of the mirror might help - but I may have hit controversial territory there, and it would be difficult to rub on well.

I also had 2 minis - one fabulous piece of kit an F-Reg '68 Minivan (JXG 95F), and an M 1973 Mini Clubman Estate which was not good really. My Mum had a J-Reg Mini Saloon in bright orange with the 998 cc motor which seemed to bounce along, almost as much fun as my van!
I would find them very cramped now, don't want to get the grease gun, brake adjuster and feeler gauge for the distributer out again. Fun while it lasted - like the 2 Lambrettas, but enough ..........

·
Full Time Dreamer
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My Old Honda (show me the Logo !)

This is the car I had since 2002 till the civic. Did 125K miles, servicing, consumables, + 1 number plate light bulb 2 x sidelight bulbs. It was the for-runner of the Jazz the first car to have air-con under £10K new ! I'm not that sentimential about cars but there was a tear in the corner of my eye as she was driven away (private sale) [smilie=sad.gif]

Attachments

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Welcome David,

I grew up with MG's as well (my stepdad had 3) ......... fond memories of waving to fellow MG's and conveys to the coast. :) Anyway I notice you are in Notts, I'm in I'lson and work in Notts, I'll keep an eye out for your stickered civic and promise to wave.:)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums! :D

Good luck getting your rev lights lit up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts