2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let me explain my "so called" problem (correct me if it is meant to be like this):

Everything I change my gears or clutch in to change up for the next gear (especially the lower gears), the rev would hold at the last rpm assuming 3k rpm for about half or slightly less than half a second before it goes down. Under normal circumstances in all my previous ride, the rpm would drop immediately after you clutch in and/or unless you Toe/Heel...

I heard from friends that this maybe normal due to air-con load? Some cars may have valve release to control but some cars w/o this would use the ethrottle to have the throttle a tad longer to maintain the rpm...

Puzzling but would like to hear some advise on this before I send back to my local dealer (which they may try to smoke me by saying this is normal).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Sounds like your throttle is sticking. Seen that before with a faulty stepper motor.
Just check to make sure throttle pedal movement isn't restricted though like carpet keeping it slightly depressed.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Ok, let me explain my "so called" problem (correct me if it is meant to be like this):

Everything I change my gears or clutch in to change up for the next gear (especially the lower gears), the rev would hold at the last rpm assuming 3k rpm for about half or slightly less than half a second before it goes down. Under normal circumstances in all my previous ride, the rpm would drop immediately after you clutch in and/or unless you Toe/Heel...

I heard from friends that this maybe normal due to air-con load? Some cars may have valve release to control but some cars w/o this would use the ethrottle to have the throttle a tad longer to maintain the rpm...

Puzzling but would like to hear some advise on this before I send back to my local dealer (which they may try to smoke me by saying this is normal).

Thanks in advance!
All FN2's have some rev hang stock. Maybe not half a second though...
like you said my rpm would annoyingly hold when changing gear or letting go of the gas. Got a Flashpro, and got it tuned and fixed the rev hang.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
normal.

by hondata: what caused the DBW lag/rev hang issue:
datalogged the issue and it showed the throttle correctly returning to zero on liftoff. The ECU, however kept feeding fuel to the engine instead of shutting off the injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts