2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I picked up my champ white type r today and noticed the rev indicator not lighting up when going through the revs the vtec indicator comes on but not the rev one

I have looked at the manual and made sure its on in the change settings menu but still no joy any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in vtec a good few times on the way home and the rev indicator didnt come on I checked the settings and it was already on will check again tomorrow if still not working will take it to local honda garage and see what they say

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
being in vtec doesnt mean the rev lights will come on! go and bounce it off the rev limiter then you will see them :D

sent from my phone
As above mate. Just what I said...

vtec kicks in at around 5800rpm (standard) and will go on to about 8500rpm ish until you need to change gear. Those rev lights will not start lighting up until you get a LOT closer to 8500rpm (like 7500rpm and above).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Give your manual a read they may not be turned on... Mine didn't work when i picked my car up... there is something in the manual that explains how to do it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a look through the manual and checked it was set as on will take it for a good blast tomorrow

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
just give it some wellie ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts