2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rev indicator does not seem to work (the one with 6 dots that light up). The eco indicator on the opposite side works just fine. To confuse matters further, when the key is turned, the indicator lights up as part of the self test.

When I took it for the test drive, I can remember it working as it should, I drove it home the following day and noticed on the journey that it was no longer working :confused: (not sure what could have changed overnight.

Anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Just to check, but are you actually using the full rev range? The lights don't come on until you're close to the top.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the option menu, they were set to on. I think its like the guys have said, not really had the chance to put it through its paces lately, mostly local driving so not really been high on the revs. Will test it properly in the morning.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Missed a gear in mine when I first got the car. Sloppy driving, I know, but I definitely got a nice row of red lights a shining!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Found the option menu, they were set to on. I think its like the guys have said, not really had the chance to put it through its paces lately, mostly local driving so not really been high on the revs. Will test it properly in the morning.
Just keep your foot in...
Pedal to the metal!
Enjoy :cool:

Ps, give it 10 to 20 mins before trying it tho ;)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, they do indeed work :p Decided the the oil needed to heat up a little before I attempted it so spared the Mrs from a Vtec alarm clock and tried it out on the way home this morning.

I like the Eco lights also, love the interior styling of the 8th Gen, gets a lot of very positive comments when people see it. Years ahead of its time :cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I also like the styling of the dash as well. Sometimes when I'm stuck in traffic at night, I just look at it all and think how great it looks! Pathetic, isn't it...I really need to get out more. Honda could have made it all so much better if they had designed it all so you could actually see all the idiot lights and dials without them being completely hidden by the steering wheel. Doesn't matter where you adjust it, or how high/low the drivers seat is, there's always something that can't be readily seen. Can't have everything, I suppose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts