2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got our new Type R & wondered when the Rev indicator lights are suppoed to come on? We've had the I Vtec light coming on at various stages of getting the revs up but the rev indicator lights are not doing anything although the setting is set to "on" in the Multi-Info display.....can anyone advise please.

Thanks
Scot Type R

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
ha ha be a man and take it to the red line!!! lol should be 7,000 plus rpm??? Type R owners will tell you

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Hi Scot Type R. Congratulations on the purchase of your 'R'. You'll love it :D

The rev indicator lights only come on when you get to really high revs. They come on progressively as you approach the red line. Someone on here will probably know at exactly how many revs the first one lights up.

If your car is new you may have to hold back a little while before getting full illumination ;)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Welcome Scot Type R,

Enjoy your car but not too much to start with ;).

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
It seems that as standard, Rs come with the rev lights turned off for some bizzare reason.

Easy to turn them on though as per Wiki link above :)

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
More info here:

Rev Lights not coming on - Civinfo Wiki

I find that with mine all the lights are on by about 7800 on the dial.
This page explains the 1.8 and 2.2, but says nothing about the 1.4. I got my car approx 10 days, nearly 800km's on the counter, but haven't seen the rev light blinking, not even at 5000 rpm. I've got the option in turned on in the computer. Anybody else got probs with that?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
They have to be the most useless, unrequired feature of the civic range. Utterly redundant whether on or off.!!

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
I like the idea of them... that probably makes me sad though lol.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
They are off on the default setting , you have re set them them to come on

Reactions: DarrenN

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
They have to be the most useless, unrequired feature of the civic range. Utterly redundant whether on or off.!!
I tend to use them on fast roads to tell when optimum gear change should be (6th rev light) and it save's looking down at the rev counter.

IMO they are no more redundant than the stupid key in connection with a start button, or the silly led light in between the map reading lights which don't really illuminate the centre console at all.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
They are off on the default setting , you have re set them them to come on
I did that as mentioned in the manual ... anyway, going to the dealer probably friday, so he'll have to fix it for me :)

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Why bother, they're not much use anyway. Doubt most Civic drivers will ever see the rev lights.
Everyone drives different... plus if they are a standard feature you may as well have it turned on so the option to use is there!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I totally agree.....I never seem to notice them coming on, my eyes are always glued straight ahead at the road.....considering the potential speed you would be accelerating/travelling at.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Will ensure I take the print off of how to do it with me to the Garage then :D

You won't be needing them switched on for at least 600 miles. :rolleyes:

They start coming on at 7200 rpm, but by them things start getting a bit frantic and you'd be better watching the road than the lights. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts