2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone with 2010 have the same problem that Rev Indicator is not working, i do everything as stated in manual with the handbrake on and the light doesnt come when VTEC kicks :confused: Not sure if should go to dealer with this, could this be CPU fault ?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
You have been through the cpu setting on the dash and turned the indicator on? I had to turn mine on when I bought my new one. If it still doesn't work when you have set it to on and saved it then I would take it back and let honda sort it

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea as i mentioned before that i tried to do it with the handbrake pulled up, it says Setup Set to On and then nothing happens when vtec kicks

the car was brand new, worked without any issues in my previous ctr :(

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
If you've definitely turned it on in the menus I'd take it back to the dealer. It could be the bulb or it's wiring.

I was going to ask was VTEC definitely engaging but since you've already had two, you would know!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
There's a way to check all the bulbs on the dash. It's on the forum somewhere but can't find it. Think it's something like:

Hold down trip computer 'i' button
Turn on ignition
Turn headlights on
Turn headlights off
Turn headlights on
Press trip computer 'i' button 3 times

Or something along those lines. Will experiment with the car when I get home to find out lol :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts