2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is possible to reprogram the VTEC light to come on with the last 2 Rev lights (ie at max revs), instead of coming on when the VTEC starts working ?

This would be much more useful, as the VTEC light would work as a clearer gear change /rev limit light when working the engine for maximum performance.

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Or you could just count to 6 instead and watch the change light's ;)

The i-VTECH light is more usefull as itself though, notice when the car is cold and you get into the vtech zone it doesnt come on, it because it's protecting itself, there are other reasons that the cam does not change over as well, so worth having it as a vtech light

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I was wondering if it is possible to reprogram the VTEC light to come on with the last 2 Rev lights (ie at max revs), instead of coming on when the VTEC starts working ?

This would be much more useful, as the VTEC light would work as a clearer gear change /rev limit light when working the engine for maximum performance.
Is that before or after you go through the Sound Barrier?[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that before or after you go through the Sound Barrier?[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin::VTECSMILEY:

[QUOTE="charlas, post: 156487, member: 7773"]Or you could just count to 6 instead and watch the change light's ;)

The i-VTECH light is more usefull as itself though, notice when the car is cold and you get into the vtech zone it doesnt come on, it because it's protecting itself, there are other reasons that the cam does not change over as well, so worth having it as a vtech light
The Rev lights are not very bright and it is difficult to see them in your peripheral vision - The idea was to have the VTEC light as a more visible light at the crucial gear change point - similar to race / rally cars.

A small drill for the PCB, a couple of wires and a re-wire rather than a re-program...
mmmmmmmmmm if only I knew where to drill the hole and put the wires. Electronics are not a strong point for me :confused:.

·
Banned
165 Posts
After 6.5K miles I don't even bother looking at the lights, I now know from the sound of the engine of when to change gears.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After 6.5K miles I don't even bother looking at the lights, I now know from the sound of the engine of when to change gears.

You must have a better ear for the engine or more practice than me.

I find it is easy to misjudge and change too early, or worse hit the rev limiter if you dont keep an eye on the rev lights / rev counter. Its such a sweet , free reving engine :D.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd like to swap them for some bright LEDs, last 2 at least.

I prefer to look at the road than the dim lights when taking her past 8k!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I'd like to swap them for some bright LEDs, last 2 at least.

I prefer to look at the road than the dim lights when taking her past 8k!
In which gear [smilie=tongue.gif][smilie=tongue.gif]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts