2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The REV lights on the left hand side of the speedo have died..ECO lights work fine!

They light up on start up, but then don't do anything!!! they were working up until last week.

Another thing for the garage to sort...anyone else had this?:rolleyes:

·
estranged
391 Posts
Are you sure you haven't been playing with the menus? I'm sure I saw an option in there to turn the rev/eco lights off.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Does it still say 'REV' under the lights? You mah have turned them off from the settings menu.

In the whole time I have had the car (9 months) I have only seen the lights a couple of times. The do come on very late in the rev range!

·
您看了
456 Posts
Does it still say 'REV' under the lights? You mah have turned them off from the settings menu.

In the whole time I have had the car (9 months) I have only seen the lights a couple of times. The do come on very late in the rev range!
I should hope so, its printed on the glass ;) :D

but your suggestion is good, check the menu's before giving your dealer a quick call.

ps. In the whole time I have had my car I dont think I have ever seen mine "light up on start up" :confused: . Although I havent been watching them so they might do. (They work fine though [smilie=tongue.gif] )

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May have done something in the options screens however the ECO lights work constantly and my rev lights used to work alot too (maybe I was driving alot in the high rev range - pats self on back!)..have calmed down now I know what it can do!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I should hope so, its printed on the glass ;) :D

but your suggestion is good, check the menu's before giving your dealer a quick call.

ps. In the whole time I have had my car I dont think I have ever seen mine "light up on start up" :confused: . Although I havent been watching them so they might do. (They work fine though [smilie=tongue.gif] )
CivPilot, it is not printed on the glass, sorry. They are lights that can be turned on or off.

Normal below

DSC00348.jpg

And with Rev indicator turned off from the settings menu:

DSC00349.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality, mobile camera in low light!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the REV wording is on, but not the 6 led's that sit underneath it. I couldn't find anything in the controls that let me edit any of this .....where is it?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hold down the Information botton when parked to get into the settings menu.
Keep pressing 'i' til you get to 'change settings', the press 'sel'. Keep pressing 'i' til you find 'rev lights', the 'sel' to get into that menu.

Pressing 'i' will toggle through on/off/exit. 'Sel' will select whatever is highlighted.

This is only from memory, so sorry if it not 100%.

There is a How To: on doing a dash self-diagnostic. You could try that and see of the LEDs come on during that, rather than thrash your engine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a new Civic owner and My REV meter does not come on as well, On startup all the REV lights come on, but when reving no reaction. I have followed the manual and switched on the REV to SETUP ON but NO response. It seems to be a common problem because my supplier check out 3 other civics and they dont work as well. Has anybody got an answer to this please?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
My rev lights work very good, but have in mind they start working after 6000rpm... I don´t know the exactly rpm..

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
You do need to be reving high to see them! By the time they come on you have more important things to look at out the windscreen :D

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I find it hard to believe that they only start working at 6000Rpm, Has psiboy solved his problem because it seems similar to mine?
The rev lights are there to warn you you are going to enter the red zone and should change gear. The red zone starts at about 6800rpm I believe, so the lights start working around 6000 rpm, I am sure about that. In other words, that´s how it is working in my car.. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The rev lights are there to warn you you are going to enter the red zone and should change gear. The red zone starts at about 6800rpm I believe, so the lights start working around 6000 rpm, I am sure about that. In other words, that´s how it is working in my car.. :)
Meino is correct the 'REV' lights are a warning to change gear, they are not there to light up when you rev the car :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
In my experience, the only (and safest) was to check them is to join a motorway in 2nd gear.
I have found the the 1.8 in 2nd at 70 is just right to get the lights on. Yes, you feel like you are driving like a loon, but it is safe, and you don't have to floor it to get to speed.
It is not safe to try to illuminate them on normal roads, and it can only be done in 1st or 2nd to keep at legal speeds.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crickey pottsy..seems a little military in my opinion, anyway..

I got the issue fixed and yep! they do come on after 6K.. I had a few short motorway bursts where I checked them out and all is fine. Infact they were on all the time in the menu system..I just was driving like my dad!

Bungle has the right idea, good place to test them is on a slip road to a motorway.

I yhink I have also worked out why I didn't think they were coming on as much. When I test drove a 2.2 they seemed alot more active (maybe due to the torque curve) where as you need to push harder in the 1.8 to get the same out of it thus, I was assuming they weren't working. Or I was driving the 2.2 like I'd treat my lotus!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts