2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just purchased a 07 plate type s diesel
i have noticed that on the speedo part of the dash i have ecom on the right side which has green lights going up and down ..lol
the other side says REVS but it doesnt have any lights
is this an added extra on my model or should it light up

thanks phil

·
Registered
353 Posts
No I believe you have to get the revs near to the red sector on the rev counter for them to work.

They should come on for a few seconds when you first turn on the ignition.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
its a diesel mate, if driven properly they shouldnt light unless your in a BIG hurry, revving a diesel serves no purpose as they have all the power around 2K revs

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
get a CTR you see 6 lovely lights that light up from 7400rpm in 200rpm increments. Just to let you know its time for another gear :)

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
its a diesel mate, if driven properly they shouldnt light unless your in a BIG hurry, revving a diesel serves no purpose as they have all the power around 2K revs
I disagree, maybe in the old diesels that would gasp around 3.5/4k but.. the 2.2 derv engine is the only diesel engine I've driven where you can happily pull through into the red without a loss in power - then change and your immediately bang in the middle of your torque curve.

it may not be a type r but fun can be had up in 3.5/4k range in our tractors LOL.

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
+1

and you'll want to take it easy on that clutch too...

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
I disagree, maybe in the old diesels that would gasp around 3.5/4k but.. the 2.2 derv engine is the only diesel engine I've driven where you can happily pull through into the red without a loss in power - then change and your immediately bang in the middle of your torque curve.

it may not be a type r but fun can be had up in 3.5/4k range in our tractors LOL.

I noticed a considerable non-happening of action as soon as you pass the 3Ks... apart from it making a lot of noise there isn't much going on after that IMHO

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
get a CTR you see 6 lovely lights that light up from 7400rpm in 200rpm increments. Just to let you know its time for another gear :)
Unless you are in 6th.. the most i've ever had was 4 lights :D

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts

going to disagree here, stuff happens up to 3.5K but after that the power doesnt rise anymore, infact, it stops. look at the derv diagrams from relic. after around 3.5K it just stops as it isnt a bi-turbo configuration for higher revs. and its not needed either for the civic, it pulls like the clappers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts