2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope your all well.

Just thought I'd share my photo of my reverse camera that I fitted yesterday.

Would like to say thank you to everyone who helped with the advice, appreciate it.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Takes a bit of getting used to seeing how close it takes you to an object

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Another member done mine for me and its a massive improvement I love it and yours looks very similar with a good picture

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another member done mine for me and its a massive improvement I love it and yours looks very similar with a good picture

The picture in daytime is good, but at night it's a little grainy (still a decent picture mind)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Any photos of the installation or where its mounted mate? I've got a camera in the boot ready to fit to my headunit but not got the nackers to try it yet :(

·
1,264 Posts
The picture in daytime is good, but at night it's a little grainy (still a decent picture mind)

Mines not too bad at night, have you tried getting some brighter reverse lights?

·
1,264 Posts
Any photos of the installation or where its mounted mate? I've got a camera in the boot ready to fit to my headunit but not got the nackers to try it yet :(
I must admit I would never have done it on my own but when I helped another member fit mine it was a lot easier than expected. Its not difficult its just knowing the best place to put the wires and where all the clips are.

Reactions: PradaFK3

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Theres a few local members to me who would be happy to help, its just finding a nice day when everyone is free lol, when it comes to electrics i just panic lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theres a few local members to me who would be happy to help, its just finding a nice day when everyone is free lol, when it comes to electrics i just panic lol

I followed the guides on here pal. Took me around an hour from start to finish.

Will post other pics soon.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Well done.

Nice feeling of accomplishment isn't it ?

btw.. The lines are only a guide. impact point is just below the bottom of the screen !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done.

Nice feeling of accomplishment isn't it ?

btw.. The lines are only a guide. impact point is just below the bottom of the screen !

Spot on, feel satisfied.

The lines do the job perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Nice job, I've meaning to do mine but I'm installing the V3 box so may take bit longer to install!

Hopefully fit it this year sometime...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have got a reversing camera and V3 box from mrbozo.

I am not 100% confident in fitting it myself, is there any kind member who lives in the wythenshawe/South Manchester area who is confident enough to help or do it for me. I will pay of course. :) my car is an 06 ex model.

Cheers guys

Ian

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice job, I've meaning to do mine but I'm installing the V3 box so may take bit longer to install!

Hopefully fit it this year sometime...

You will love the installation once completed.

You will also find you'll be reversing a lot more too lol

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have got a reversing camera and V3 box from mrbozo.

I am not 100% confident in fitting it myself, is there any kind member who lives in the wythenshawe/South Manchester area who is confident enough to help or do it for me. I will pay of course. :) my car is an 06 ex model.

Cheers guys

Ian

Simply follow the guides on here pal, that's what I did and It was my first time doing this kind of thing.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Well I attempted to install the cam and V3 box I got this far
and bottled it, really not confident at all... Please can someone come to my house to help I also don't mind driving to someone who can help, but failing that I'll have to look around for an auto electrician or something similar

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't give up, I'm sure there's other members who can help you through it.

The reverse cam is an easyish kind of job but the v3 box I wouldn't know but I'm sure there must be a guide on here to help you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*** UPDATE***

My camera needed an attenuator and adaptor, I bought both and with a little modifying fitted them.

This is the result, it went from this..

To this..

As you can see, there picture is much better.

Here are two other pictures I took..

·
Registered
24 Posts
*** UPDATE***

My camera needed an attenuator and adaptor, I bought both and with a little modifying fitted them.

This is the result, it went from this..

To this..

As you can see, there picture is much better.

Here are two other pictures I took..
Hi mate, could you tell me which attenuator you bought and where did you install it to? I have a bad washed out video problem and want to do the same but no idea which write to attach the attenuator to, plus what type of attenuator to buy.

Much appreciated.

Sent from my ZP980 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts