2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
As the title suggests, I'm looking to install an aftermarket reverse camera on my civic 07' that will not require any drilling.
I've been researching for hours now and looking around on the usual online retailers without any luck - including a camera + lamp setup to replace one of the licence plate's lights.
I have seen there are a few good topics here as well, but wasn't able to find a suitable option.

Appreciate any help in finding such a camera - even if it's just to tell me there is no such thing available for the moment, that'll put my mind to rest:)

Cheers,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did this a few months ago. i couldn't find a camera + lamp setup. The camera i ended up getting is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-4-IR-LED-Night-Vision-Waterproof-HD-Car-Rear-View-Parking-Reversing-Camera/152788203894?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
You could just use double sided tape for the camera and route the cable under the rear lights.

Also use the following https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-8g/51366-how-install-aftermarket-reversing-camera-easy-way.html
It has all the info plus more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate!
Just ordered the camera and will give it a go soon!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Just to report back on this topic.
I ended up installing a cheap wireless camera from amazn: BEST4U Wireless Backup Camera,Car Revesing Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Very happy with it so far. Cost me 28 quid at the time, picture quality is very decent and has been working flawlessly for 6 months now. You do get the odd interference, particularly, in packed parking lots but, for the price, can't complain really.

I routed the cable under the rear lights and it was simple enough to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts