2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am planning on installing a reversing camera and have seen the excellent how to guide.
As I don't have the sat nav I plan on using a separate monitor and would like to have the option of turning on the camera while not in reverse. Is this as simple as splitting the power cable and having one running to a constant power like the cig lighter and a switch and then on the wire going to the reverse light installing a diode so the constant power wouldn't turn on the reverse light? If this is right could someone advise me on the type of diode to use or any other advice.
I've attached a rubbish drawing to kinda show what I want to do

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I'd be interested to see if you get this working mate :thumbup: I gave up and just wired mine in to come on with reverse. If this works for you I'll have a stab at doing mine when the weather gets better ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bog, that would make it easier. I've now planned out what I need to do so just gotta wait for the cam and monitor to be delivered. I'll try and take pics and write it up if all goes well.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Thanks bog, that would make it easier. I've now planned out what I need to do so just gotta wait for the cam and monitor to be delivered. I'll try and take pics and write it up if all goes well.
Looking forward to seeing your install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts