2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

The last two mornings when I have got in my car and backed it out of the garage the off side reverse parking sensor has beeped continuously and stayed on when even though their is nothing behind me, putting the car in first gear it thankfully goes off.

The odd part is by the time I get to work (about a 45 min drive) and reverse the car into a space its ok.

This has happened twice in two days. I've cleaned the sensors of dust and they look OK. Does anyone have nay tips or know what the cause could be before I do battle with John Banks Honda in Cambridge to what could be the cause?

Forgot to say they are OEM sensors not third party.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What do you mean by off-side?

The Honda sensors do not tell you where the obstacle is.
I know its the offside sensor that is causing the beeping as the lights mounted in the roof above the rear seats for that side are on full.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
You have a faulty sensor. I had to have one of mine replaced. Never had a problem since. :-D

PS: Not sure about the lights coming on though. Could be a wiring fault.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a faulty sensor. I had to have one of mine replaced. Never had a problem since. :-D

PS: Not sure about the lights coming on though. Could be a wiring fault.
Well I'm guessing the sensor being faulty and thinking something is in the way makes the lights come on.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I know its the offside sensor that is causing the beeping as the lights mounted in the roof above the rear seats for that side are on full.
So they are not Honda items.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Just had mine fixed. They were beeping when they were wet. Moisture problem. Now ok.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick snaps attached.

The lights that are constantly on are the the left hand part of the sensor in the second and third photos. This morning and yesterday were all the way into the red even though there was nothing behind the car. They are just showing orange now because the car is in the garage and the problem has 'gone away' again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
hmmmm what about the internal lights?
You don't get internal lights, the beeper increases in speed as you get closer. When you are very close it changes to a continuous tone.

Mine are very effective, I don't really think you need lights, just watch the mirrors and listen to the sound.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't get internal lights, the beeper increases in speed as you get closer. When you are very close it changes to a continuous tone.

Mine are very effective, I don't really think you need lights, just watch the mirrors and listen to the sound.
Yes mine does the same, beeps get quicker as you get closer, but I also have lights so when you look in the rear view mirror you see them going from orange to red as the beep gets faster.

The internal lights also has the alarm sensor in it you can see it in the 3rd picture. When I bought the car (used) it was a listed item on the details so I assumed it was OEM.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Quick snaps attached.
Those are not Honda items.

Not saying that is a bad thing at all, just stating the fact.

Never the less, it does sound like a faulty sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
What have I got then? The internal lights also has the alarm sensor in it you can see it in the 3rd picture. When I bought the car (used) it was a listed item on the details so I assumed it was OEM.
You seem to have an add-on alternative, probably purchased on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Not to say that they are any worse/better than the Honda ones...at least you have an illuminated indicator, which Honda don't provide. I doubt Honda make their own, just have a product branded in a Honda box.

If you contact the supplier you've found and explain the problem they may be able to help and even supply you with a spare sensor. Worth a try.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
my after market reverse sensors (which have never made noise since I bought the car with them fitted - I thought they were just visual) have just started squealing constantly as the left side has constantly been displaying all of the lights (as if I'm parked up against something). Wasn't a major issue before as I have a camera anyway, but now I know they make sound, I want them to work properly!! Would quite like to remove the visual indicator and keep the audio (after getting the faulty sensor fixed) but not sure if that's possible...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts