2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I came out of work today put the car in reverse and the sensors beeped as usual and worked perfectly fine.

Got to my destination did what i had to do and then when i got back in the car i stuck it in reverse but when i did my rear parking sensors just gave out a constant beep.

I have tried turning the car on and off. Reversing and driving etc. I have checked and there is nothing blocking any of the sensors so i really cannot see why they are doing this.

Has anyone had this or have any solutions to my problem?

Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
What gen is your car ?
This could be something thats quite common? my dads CRV 09 plate has started to do that and now it doesnt work at all.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ive done a wee search and tbh i couldnt find a lot some say its to do with how the car is washed - pressure washers tend to damage it etc. could be system needs resetting im not 100% sure tbh. if the car is in extended warranty then honda should be able to sort this out for nothing,, or worst comes to worst new sensors to be put into place.

try taking off the battery wait 10 -15 mins so the electrical systems are down then reconnect so its all reset... might work.

the buttong for the sensors used to show a green light but it doesnt show it any more .. dont know if the same with yours ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have changed the battery after this started happening but it has made no difference unfortunately.

I don't have a button for the sensors i just place it in reverse and they beep i believe the lights may have come on the later models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got the same issue with my parking sensors in my FN2. One of them just start to make noise all the time, Also after few days on information screen appears an yellow icon with rear right parking sensor. That means one of them is faulty. Now when it is dry weather everything is fine. But after car wash or rain, parking sensor does not work. I did remove it to check other sensors but only one is faulty. It will be better to you if you will do the same. Parkiong sensors are really expensive :/ especially painted in your car colour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone managed to sort this issues out. I have the same issue. My sensors just make a constant beeping noise and dose not pick up anything behind the car.

·
i-Vtec
2,783 Posts
Could be one of them has failed. I would try disconnecting the sensors one at a time and see if this makes a difference. You will need to take the bumper off to do this though.
Heres the PDF for the OEM sensors so youll be able to see what your dealing with.

Heres the how2 on removing the bumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts