2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got in the car yesterday reversed out if parking space no issues when to local shell garage for paper

parked on slight incline initially came back to car and noticed when i reversed the o/s/r sensor was showing a hazard and a constant beep assumed it was just picking up the gradient change and carried on my way

later on reversed again and again got a false reading again same sensor

tried the usual turn on and turn off again on the dash button but still playing up

not sure how accessible the wiring is behind the bumper as the car is in for mot next month at my work so i may get it up in the air and have a look at the wiring

one of techs advised wetting my finger and sticking it on the sensor you should feel it pulsing

failing that where is the module mounted

honda want over £278 for a new one so want to make sure its buggered before splashing out on a new one

thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
well i cant really help you with the sensors, apart to try disconnect battery for 30 minutes or so and clean them from outside, or maybe check connections if you can have access to them ..ive had a problem with mines, when they have been covered by ice, so they thought that i am very close to something... BTW i am pretty sure that parking senors is not MOT failure or an advisory, just turn them off.. and check ebay for parking sensors. ..

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill try the battery trick

i had a look in the supporters section in the service manual to see how the sensors come out etc but cant find any reference to them at all

can anyone shed some light how they come out

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've found that water/moisture in the spare-wheel well causes my unit to beep continuously. Once all the moisture is gone, it returns to normal. The module is easy to access: it's mounted behind the plastic cover in the spare-wheel well.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found that water/moisture in the spare-wheel well causes my unit to beep continuously. Once all the moisture is gone, it returns to normal. The module is easy to access: it's mounted behind the plastic cover in the spare-wheel well.
I’ll check tomorrow in the boot
Ironically it worked ok this morning yet this afternoon it was continuous again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is also a bit temperamental. It has been fine, then I washed the car yesterday and got a continuous beep this morning. The manual says something about external moisture or coldness sometimes confusing the system. I expect it to return to normal.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So last few days all is well then this morning it went beeping crazy again

Just so I can rule out water in the siren area where in the boot is it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts