2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

I am living in Germany and just got my Honda Civic 1.0 Hatchback 2018 model yesterday. I got the trim level without the Reverse Parking Camera so thought I would install one myself.

To do so, I ordered the "BOSCAM K2 Wireless Backup Camera kit" from Amazon Germany which will be delivered at the end of this week.

As a preparation, I was doing some homework on how I could install it. The installation seems pretty easy, I could remove the tail light, find the reverse light and clip the positive from the camera.

What's confusing is how to get the camera wire (from top of the number plates) inside the trunk without drilling a hole. As its a brand new car, I want to be a bit cautious. Does anyone have a better idea to deal with this?

Additionally, I am also thinking to swap both headlights and the taillights from Halogen to LED's. Is there any plug/play LED lights that you would recommend?

Looking forward to some help. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
You can possibly find where the existing number plate light wires pass through from inside to outside and feed the cable through that grommet. Then feed the wire behind the boot lid trim, through the rubber flexible that has the rest of the wires then down behind the C pillar trim to the rear cluster.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
It's a bit of a job getting the wire through the rubber flexible 'hose'. Us a stiffish bot of wire with washing up liquid as a lube, then pull the wire through.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I will definitely use this technique. I google a lot but couldn't find any tutorials regarding this, do you maybe have an idea where I can find a how-to or a tutorial to disassemble the trunk of the car?

Additionally, do you know of any LED headlamps/taillights that I can buy for the Civic?

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Don't know of any how to's, but just a tug or a gentle lever with a trim tool gets the side and top trim off, there are no hidden screws. The big bit that you will likely have to remove to get at the back of the number plate lighs has four 10mm bolts holding it on behind the cover of the grab handles. Lever off with a screwdriver int the slot, then a trim tool to release the rest of it.

Just be careful when re assembling that you get the studs aligned properly before you bang them back into place. Replacements are best got from eBay (far cheaper than Honda) and I am talking from experience here.

The 'rubber tube' just pulls out of the hatch/bodywork

Is the BOSCAM mirror self dimming? If not you will lose the facility of dimming the mirror when required.

LEDs from Arora Bulbs on this very forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts