2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2006 civic 2.2 EX. The problem is the reversing camera, when selecting reverse the unit beeps but the screen is just black. I have had an auto electrician look at it and he reckons the problem lies somewhere between the head unit and camera. He says the head unit is fine as sat nav works ok. Does anyone know if there is an inline fuse between the head unit and camera. Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
You need to figure out if it's the video signal not going back (possible break in the lead?) or that the camera isn't getting power.

Can you test the input power with a multimeter? What are you using to power it?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Ah I see. You're probably going to have to start ripping stuff out to get to the leads to test.

Surprised an auto electrician can't sort it out. A few voltage and continuity tests will show where the problem is.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The Honda camera gets power from the head unit; both the power and video are part of the same cable.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/7772-how-connect-video-source-navigation-system.html

If you are comfortable with using a multimeter you should be able to use the above information to figure out where the issue lies.

In this situation I would think there are three possible causes:

1. The camera isn't getting power.
  2. The video cable between the camera and head unit is broken.
  3. The camera is faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts