2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m contemplating fitting a reversing camera to my 2007 Type-R that has the factory fitted Satnav unit. I see from various posts that this can be done by feeding the video into the DVD unit for the Satnav using a modified cable. Has anyone done this and if so what actual camera did you use so that it looks unobtrusive. Advice and pictures would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took the plunge and fitted a reverse camera last weekend. Plenty of instructions available on the forum for doing this including a how to PDF. I purchased the special video lead that goes into the back of the Satnvav DVD unit on eBay and bought a Parkvision camera on Amazon. After 3 hours it all works perfectly. The camera is very discreet and unless you are specifically looking you would not spot it. There are numerous cameras out there but I wanted one that is waterproof and with a wide angle of view. The only really tricky bit was routing the video cable through the tailgate rubber grommet as it’s quite tight. A bit of perseverance and washing up liquid sorted that. Attached is a magnified image of the camera fitted to the car. If anyone wants advice feel free to ask. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts