2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided that i want one now so will have to be an aftermarket,
So now i need help please!
First can someone recommend a seller for a camera.
Secondly anyone fancy fitting it as i would like to pay someone from here not the stealers.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is still possible to have the Honda camera ordered and fitted by a dealer - it is not a factory option, it's a dealer fit accessory.

However, aftermarket ones will still obviously be cheaper. I don't have any information in that regard though, sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I installed the original factory option.
It is a complete set with how to manual, it takes 1 day to install
BUT do not try yourself if you have no mechanical skills.
This is what you are facing:

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mmm it's got to be easier just looking over your shoulder ;)

I know it looks severe taking all of these components out of your car but actually its not that bad, you just need to be methodical with a good place to work. The instructions that Honda supply are fantastic for this sort of job complete with pictures.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The speed of this job depends on how good you are at removing trim. If you have removed all the bits several times before, you will do it well and quickly. So really the dealer is the best bet - unless you are patient and methodical (and sometimes a bit brave) and have a day to spare.

I'd approach a few dealers and see if you can haggle the price down...

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
You Only Need To Remove The Rear Lights And The Plactic Trim Around The Tail Gate On The Inside. Ive Fitted An Aftermarket Camera And With The Av Mod I Had Already Done It Was Simple. I Put In An Extra Av Wire Just Incase I Decided To Fit A Camera, A Week Later I Was Doing This. Its A Nice Touch And Now Makes Reversing Easy As I Also Have Pdc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts