2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My Dads civic is having an annoying issue. When you put it in reverse the beeps stay on consistently for a while before going off. He asked a Honda dealer what the issue could be but can't really remember what they said (usefully) but they seemed to say he needs to replace some control unit. Does anyone know what this might be and how easy it is?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Do you have good hearing? Put the car in reverse with the ignition on and engine off and have a close listen, you should hear a faint clicking from all 4. If one is not clicking then that's the problem.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
If you can locate the main unit, disconnect one sensor at a time until you find the problem one, it's likely that one is faulty and causing the constant beep

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give them a listen to see, I would have thought honda would have checked to see if it was a sensor rather than the controller. Whereabouts in the boot is the controller?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got round to listening to the sensors and one of them seems to be dud so good call! Where in the boot is the controller mounted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts