2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just acquired a 58 reg Civic and I love it, been meaning to do an intro post, will get it sorted shortly with a picture ;)

The only niggle I have at the moment is the reversing sensor beeper is extremely quiet. When I put the car in reverse I can hear it, assuming the radio isn't too loud, but it is barely audible.

I noticed this thread from a year ago:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/61662-ex-oem-reverse-sensor-gone-quiet.html

Is this a common/known problem/easy to sort?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Mine is the same i have to turn the radio down to make sure i can here the beeps fine. The sound seems to come from the rear of the car rather than the 'beeper' being installed close to the driver.

I would be interested to know if there is a solution to this also

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
No its the Honda one not an aftermarket. Is there a setting through the Satnav screen to change the volume settings of the reverse sensors. Alternatively can the radio be cut off when the reverse gear is selected so the sensor can be heard??

·
Super Moderator
7,127 Posts
The sound that is being played is a 250hz sine wave at 0.6 amplitude which is 30seconds long that was made in audacity.

I have a standard headunit and stock speakers.

12~14 is loud enough for normal listening for me both off the radio and off the USB.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
That is definately louder than mine. I have gone through all the settings on the satnav screen but i cannot find any options to increase the volume. Guess i will just have to keep turning the stereo down when i reverse :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no solution to this.

In that case, does anyone have any information or links to information, to show the schematic for the sensor?

I'm going to try a manual fix, but a pointer as to where to look before pulling up the trim would be helpful.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
glad this has been brought up, because i have just had some genuwine honda reverse sensors fitted in my R and really diapointed at how silent the beeps are when in reverse!!!:(

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Take your parcel shelf out ;)

But seriously sometimes I get the feeble two tone effect in the colder weather from my beepers (ooh errr)

·
Cookie Monster
179 Posts
i had a 58 plate type-r which started doing this after i got side swiped in an accident, we never did manage to figure it out though mostly because it was still working correctly just at a lower audio pitch but before the accident it was defiantly louder
assumed the speaker for the sensor had slipped or rotated a little and was being muffled by something

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Had a recent problem with my sensors, turned out to be a faulty buzzer. Reduced sound initially then complete failure. Replaced under Honda Happiness warranty :). Anyway, I think the normal place for the buzzer is on the inner wing boot liner on the drivers side. In the Wiki there is a pdf file with mounting instructions. The buzzer on mine is mounted on the rear pillar behind the drivers side rear passenger head rest. Not the best place as it is visible but it is loud. When mine failed, I did a bit of research on this site and I did find that the volume can be adjusted via the reversing sensor control box but I think this could be a dealer fix. I tried searching for the info before posting this but could not find it again :confused: - I will keep looking though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts