2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Type S GT 1.8 i-VTEC 2008
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you guys reversing Civic 8G using rear window when behind us is a car with low bonnet? Without parking senors or camera is impossible to parking in tight space car park. Any advice?

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,587 Posts
I've always reversed on the mirrors just like van drivers have to. If it was really tight, before I had reversing camera, I got out and checked.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I've always reversed on the mirrors just like van drivers have to. If it was really tight, before I had reversing camera, I got out and checked.
I've used mirrors only for years since working for a lorry firm when I was younger as I saw the drivers all doing it and never crashing...

·
Registered
Honda Civic Type S GT 1.8 i-VTEC 2008
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for silly question. I change from Micra K11 2000 to Civic Type S GT 1.8 and now when i turn behind my head I don't see bonnet from car behind me. In micra I seen even headlights 🤣.
Using mirrors is very difficulty to calculate distance between my car and car behind.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The Civic isn't that hard a car to park, the rear spoiler might feel like it gets in the way but ignore it. I've owned big saloons with no parking sensors and tiny mirrors. The Civic is easy in comparison.

·
Super Moderator
4,994 Posts
Sorry for silly question. I change from Micra K11 2000 to Civic Type S GT 1.8 and now when i turn behind my head I don't see bonnet from car behind me. In micra I seen even headlights 🤣.
Using mirrors is very difficulty to calculate distance between my car and car behind.
once you bump the other car you will know what the sight picture looks like, just do it VERY slowly.

·
Registered
CW GT
2,077 Posts
even with my parking sensors and reversing cameras on the 9G, i use all 3 mirrors, 30 yr habit too hard to not do.

i try very hard not to hear a "doink"

Reactions: Soma

·
Registered
46 Posts
Luckily i got the beep beep thing. I dont know what i'd without it. I even trust it more than cameras.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I fitted sensors today not a big job by any standard and it's a blessing how Honda saw fit to mark where the holes needed drilling

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts