2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the day finally arrived,

polished metal 1.5 T facelift model. :)

Sadly, before 10G i had to sold my old 8G Civ 1.8 iVTEC in Galaxy Grey Metallic year 2007" with love/hate combo on Ishift. Eventualy i did adapt to ishift and found it is very good on open roads in manual mode, sadly it was terrible in everything else.

Old 8G was a good car, excellent reliability, good to drive, superb equipment, good looks in 2007 and aged pretty well.

It had some drawbacks, speakers system OEM was terrible, ishift was one day ok, the next day not so ok, it was jerky, quirky and with software update it had merely good gear change, firm ride with 17", not to mention i feel with the people who has 18" or worse 19", but 17" was upper limit for city roads, winter was with 16" and it was ok.

I experienced so much in 8G and loved it with all the flaws, so much good memories, so much kilometers, and so much fun on open roads, 12 and a half years and i don"t feel sorry or remorse for owning that much time.

I loved her and i feel it when i passed the keys to the next owner.

When i consider to replace her, i didn"t had any clue what would fill the gap, the Civ 10G 2016" on presentation was awful (honestly), interior was superb, but the back it was over desinged with massive plastic covers who had no purpose what so ever, i didn"t realise it can be close to consider when i saw her first time. 1.5 model with sport plus cca 2017", it was at least 10x better in person rather on the web. Day by day, month by month......2 years later i put an order! For the same one, i had option for CTR, Megane RS, Focus RS, Focus ST, BMW 320i/330i but the 1.5 blew away with best buy option and yes, it is the facelift, just to cover those hideos plastic covers.

I driven some cars in my life, fast, comfy, small, big, city, sport... but the Civ 1.5 10 G is one of the best car i drove till this day, period.

First of, it is not firm, order it with 17", it is agile, it is fast, it can cut corners like sport hatch, it is VERY fun to drive, and with manual (yes, no more automated version, i suffer enough with ishift) it is utterly brilliant and fun to drive.

It has draws. but nothing too big.

Premium audio is not premium as stated but it is OK, better that OEM in 8G.
No alcantara on seats, it can get dirty soon, but this is just me, i used to leather on 8G

Everything else, for 5 stars.

The looks in polished metal on facelift model is stunning.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
That was the thing I wasn't very keen on the large plastic bits at the back otherwise the styling is brilliant almost coupe like, I love the central exhausts too, it definitely looks better in the flesh. For the sport model I wish they would of fitted more sporty seats like the USA market SI, I got a bit of a buzzy rattle somewhere on the passenger side but apart from that it's a brilliant car ,as both a practical family car and a sporty car, the gearchange performance ride/handling and economy all brill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts