2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm revisiting installing my parking camera, as I've not done anything about it for a whole year now!
I'm starting to make up the cable to connect into the rear of the sat-nav, and I was wondering what connectors people have used.

I'm sure I read somewhere here that someone used a couple of floppy drive connectors as the spacing for those is right. Can anyone confirm? I'd really like to get the cable made up before I take the dashboard apart.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm revisiting installing my parking camera, as I've not done anything about it for a whole year now!
I'm starting to make up the cable to connect into the rear of the sat-nav, and I was wondering what connectors people have used.

I'm sure I read somewhere here that someone used a couple of floppy drive connectors as the spacing for those is right. Can anyone confirm? I'd really like to get the cable made up before I take the dashboard apart.

Thanks!
The floppy connectors are not the correct size :( they will bend the pins.

Have a look here :) http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...bles-reversing-camera-etc-19.html#post1078311

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bog, what kind of connector did you use in your cables? I have access to a bunch of stuff at the moment, so I may already have something that will work.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, another rumour is that an ITX motherboard connector is correct? Can you confirm?

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Ok, another rumour is that an ITX motherboard connector is correct? Can you confirm?
You'll need one of these with a few of the connectors (3?) cut off if you buy the 10-way item. You will also need the terminals which are sold separately. It is the same type of (Molex) connector fitted to PC fan headers.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fr0d!
I have loads of old PC components lying around, so I may decide to mutilate a few old fans. If not, I'll by the 10 way strip from Maplins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts