2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

I was hoping someone could help. I have a 2008 Civic Type S 2.2

My problem is a lot of the time when I come to pull up say at a junction or lights the cars revs will drop way past normal idle till the car is about to stall then after a second or so come back to normal. Normal idle I would say is about 850 the revs can drop down to 510 (sometimes lower but the time it went lower I went to pull away and the car stalled) It only drops down for a second or 2.

Its getting very annoying. It can happen if I put the car into neutral while still doing 20mph or if I come to a complete stop with the clutch down it makes no difference really. I have replaced the MAF sensor for a second hand unit which i gave a really good clean before fitting but even though the car felt nicer to drive I still had the problem.

Extra info -
Happens weather AC is on or off.
EGR valve has been deleted in the remap and blanked off physically
Problem only started about 12 months ago. First 4 years of having the car it never happened.

Any help would be great!

Mike

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, one thing i keep seeing mentioned a lot is the throttle body. If there is a how to guide for this that would be brilliant. Not sure where to start. Least it would be another thing I can do myself to tick off the list of possibles.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,798 Posts
Not sure, one thing i keep seeing mentioned a lot is the throttle body. If there is a how to guide for this that would be brilliant. Not sure where to start. Least it would be another thing I can do myself to tick off the list of possibles.
No throttle body on a diesel! Maybe people are getting confused about the IMRC, which uses throttle-type valves to set the intake resonant path length. But this is to do with trading off low end torque against emissions and won't affect the idle.

Was the problem there when the car was remapped, or did it come on much later?

Are you using a Honda (Toyo Roki) air filter?

Have you tried cleaning the MAP sensor?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I get this on mine (06 2.2 63k) but not very often.
Coming up to a junction clutch down but then revs drops below 1000rpm and car starts shaking like its going to stall then all of sudden revs perk up to over 1000rpm not as you were.

Only other thing i get which may be connected, occasionally in 2/3 gear car stutters like its almost not getting enough fuel then as you were again - i guess this could be egr ?

I've not cleaned anything, egg etc.
Serviced every year by same Honda dealership since it was bought brand new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts