2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd let you know I have just ordered a Type R Tax Disc Holder.
I know some people may have the Chrome ones, I just got this black one,
Tax Disc Holder Honda Civic Type-R Car Gift Accessory on eBay, also Tax Disc Holders, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Feb-09 10:47:31 GMT)

Plus the seller is actually able to put your R number onto this as well, another couple of sellers I contacted were unable to this on a black one as they hadn't changed equipment yet.

Looks much smarter in black IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Ive ordered the same !

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good man, that'll look smart in your CW.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im gonna eMail engraveit2008 about a one in silver with the new Type R logo and my commission number... :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got mine this morning...

From same guy im guessing other have bought from... £14.98 less than 48hrs delivery.
Cracking! :-D

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Very Nice mate !

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but just wondering whether it's just me that has difficulty sticking these to the windscreen.

I bought an alloy look one of these for my old Civic for £14.99 and in the end gave up trying to get it to stick. I cleaned the windscreen thoroughly, heated it up etc and tried everything. It just wouldn't stick properly.

Now, I would love one of these with the R number engraved but I am worried I will have the same problem!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but just wondering whether it's just me that has difficulty sticking these to the windscreen.

I bought an alloy look one of these for my old Civic for £14.99 and in the end gave up trying to get it to stick. I cleaned the windscreen thoroughly, heated it up etc and tried everything. It just wouldn't stick properly.

Now, I would love one of these with the R number engraved but I am worried I will have the same problem!
I had the same problem, so I bought some of these and cut them down. I've not had a problem since. :)

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Cheers DR - now why didn't I think of that a year or so ago :mad:

Might have to give it a try - I will have a look at yours at the weekend if that's OK?

I assume that they can be removed if absolutely neccessary?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
If I've still got any left, I'll bring you one. ;)
What with my R number engraved?? Oh you mean the no more nails! ;)

Excellent mate - I will have to get a holder ordered then! If you don't have any I am sure I can dig deeper into the pockets for the benefit of the car again :D

See you sat.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Excellent mate - I will have to get a holder ordered then! If you don't have any I am sure I can dig deeper into the pockets for the benefit of the car again :D

See you sat.
I've just tested my removal method and they can be removed easily. :D

I have got a spare so I'll bring it along on Saturday.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i just got mine today, it game with 6 adhesive pads. One side is sticky and the other has a red tape on it... how the hell do i remove the red tape lol it wont come off for me...

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
i just got mine today, it game with 6 adhesive pads. One side is sticky and the other has a red tape on it... how the hell do i remove the red tape lol it wont come off for me...
LOL

It will come off, use a sharp blade to help you lift the red bit off the adhesive...

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd let you know I have just ordered a Type R Tax Disc Holder.
I know some people may have the Chrome ones, I just got this black one,
Tax Disc Holder Honda Civic Type-R Car Gift Accessory on eBay, also Tax Disc Holders, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Feb-09 10:47:31 GMT)

Plus the seller is actually able to put your R number onto this as well, another couple of sellers I contacted were unable to this on a black one as they hadn't changed equipment yet.

Looks much smarter in black IMHO.
I sent this guy a message yesterday but I have had no response as of yet :(
Feedback is 100% though so not sure what is happening :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I sent this guy a message yesterday but I have had no response as of yet :(
Feedback is 100% though so not sure what is happening :confused:
Give him time man... lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts