2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since changing front tyres from budget to Bridgestone Potenza S001 the ride quality has became shockingly bad, making the ride un-bearable, the car is slung left to right after hitting un-even ground and makes high speed travel much more nervous, I had the tracking carried out, can anybody recommend tyres to improve comfort, I am thinking Good Year Eagle F1, any ideas ?????

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
You're running a CTR, me a diesel, so my findings may not be that relevant.
I remember the Bridgestones being harsher when they were worn down, requiring replacement.
I replaced with F1AS2's and they rode better, quieter, smoother - but that could just be the little bit extra cushion of rubber.

I'm running 18" Storm alloys.

I'm surprised the 'budget' tyres were that good, in this aspect.
Al.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I've just replaced my rears which were bridgestone potenza s001 with dunlop sport max and I have noticed the noise has reduced and its much smoother. Ill be doing the same on the front next payday

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the Bridgestone Potenza s001 with Good Year Eagle F1's which are a softer tyre that don't have re-inforced tyre wall's, I noticed a difference in ride quality but still really bad even with lower tyre pressures.

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
No idea how the budgets were so good, wish I could find some tyres that made the Civic ride comfortable!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
If they come in your size, Goodyear efficient grip are one of the most comfortable (and quiet) tyres I have come by. Not that expensive either

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I had 4 225/45 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tyres fitted to my Civic a few weeks back. Big improvement in comfort over small bumps than what was on previously.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We replaced our original Bridgestone tyres with Michelin Primacy 3 and the car is so much more quieter now.

I think Michelin have a softer rubber??

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I've only ever used Bridgestone turanzas, the handling was good but the comfort and noise levels were poor. Never used bridgestone again since as been happy with Goodyear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts