2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I lock the car I always use the tap and tap and hold method so that the wing mirrors fold. This morning when I did it the right rear window opened as the rest of the car locked. I opened the car and put the key in the ignition to get electrical power, turns out that every time I tried to raise the window it reaches the top then lowers again. After several attempts I had to manually raise the window in small increments till it was very close to the top. From my own deduction it appears that when the window reaches the top seal it is treating it as an arm or neck and the safety kicks in and lowers the window.

Same thing happened when I got home so it's clearly a thing now. I'm still in warranty so I'll contact my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did this too with the front left window. The problem is with the window command unit, they replaced it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it to the dealer this morning, took all of 5 minutes to sort. The mechanic said it just needed "reprogramming". Hell if I know what that entails [smilie=noeyedear-s:

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,394 Posts
Same as I posted above.

·
Registered
473 Posts
window fully down and fully up 5 times in a row resets this.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. It's only the back right window that will not shut. The first time it happened my Honda dealer greased the sides and it worked OK. That was until I later used the key to wind up all the windows.

I now have the window lock on the drivers door pressed down all the time so that no passenger or me can open the window and be stuck with it half open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts