2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Trying to do too many things at the same time. Had no time to update this :) All things I am currently working on should be done in about a month. Bare with me haha. Car is just undergoing a complete break overhaul and upgrade. These are the parts I am using:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I think its Compbrake that make these, its a replica of an AP caliper. Freakyparts sell them as a budget BBK option. Surely will be enough for my daily even if/when I reach the 250 mark finaly :)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
These are direct fit onto the original discs so not planning to change those. Been replaced not that long ago

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Nice, brakes are next on my plan once all running ok. Been looking at 5he Freaky Parts ones too, be interesting to see what you think.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Still going to take a fair bit of time until I will be able to comment on those. Not driving the car much these days as it desperately needs a new map and even when that gets done it still takes a fair bit of driving to bed in properly. Hovewer will defo leave a review here once I feel like I can make a valid assessment :)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Big brakes now on and ended up replacing all 4 discs as the old ones had a lot of corrosion on. Also dropped in a new battery just for peace of mind as the old one was 5 years old. Now its just a waiting game for the new map.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
A few more bits and bobs sorted today. Replaced my blown middle silencer with a brand new custom made unit of the same size. No more annoying rattles :) Also replaced my old front spacers as the thread on a couple bolts looked really tired. Replaced position lights and reverse lights bulbs for LEDs.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Time for a wee update :) Engine modifications are all finished now. New chain and tensioner installed. Valve clearences done to the lowest tolerance to make most power. This is the setup:

HKS RSK
FD2 RRC
FD2 TB
FD2 CAMS
FD2 OIL PUMP
Japspeed exhaust manifold
Japspeed catback with a Magnaflow 200cel cat

Decided to move away from Hondata as I can not find anybody decent to map it here in Scotland. Car is booked in with TDI North next month for Ecutek with the 4 switchable maps and with traction controll enabled. For 150 extra I am really curious what is all the fuss about :) Looking forward to this trip to England. Warrington brings me back some good memories. Will probably be 1 tank to get there and 2 to get back once mapped haha. Will update this with a graph once finished.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
That is some nice upgrades! What do you reckon it will make, ~240hp?
Im a really hoping to see as close to 250 as possible. Not really fussed about the numbers tho as the feeling is what I am going for. At the end its my daily and just want to make it more exciting to drive :D

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Ideally this is the road I would like to go in the future - fd2 bolt-ons, minus the exhaust(I know OEM is restrictive) because of new MOT rules.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
What a great set of mods, that should fell real good when tuned in. I bet it sounds nice too.
Fingers crossed with the cat and MOT, I'm in a similar boat with the Scorpion sports cat.

Nice work!

101 - 120 of 162 Posts