2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of doing something a little different, well different for the FN2 anyway. Planning on showing my car a few times this year at various events.

So was thinking of getting the silver plastic V-tec engine cover professionally airbrushed with a rising sun or something very similar. This is what I mean;

To look similar to this;

What you think guys & gals?

I don't think it will cost me any more than about £30 for myself to do, so if a success I may be able to eventually offer a trade in service etc. But I won't get ahead of myself just yet.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
I'm a fan of all things different, with the red theme you've got with the pipes i think it'll look pretty cool

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
That looks naff. It could look good with a bit more effort. Leaving the Honda badge in tact rather than painting over for a start. Go for it, and make sure you do a proper job ;)

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Some good prep plenty of time masking etc I think you could make a pretty good clean job of it yourself and that way you have the satisfaction of knowing its exactly how you want it!

Go for it mate! Don't forget the pictures.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
It could look good depending on the detail that goes into painting it. The example you've givven looks pretty tacky in my opinion.

What about the Rising Sun with a Honda H in the middle?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was just an example to be honest, I will be deffinately keeping the detail already there. I.e Honda stamp & V-tec emblem, although I will probably have to remove & buy a new emblem.

There's a airbrush place down the round from me that trade in lorry & van art so I'm going to get a quote from them to do it. That way it should look bang on.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
It was just an example to be honest, I will be deffinately keeping the detail already there. I.e Honda stamp & V-tec emblem, although I will probably have to remove & buy a new emblem.

There's a airbrush place down the round from me that trade in lorry & van art so I'm going to get a quote from them to do it. That way it should look bang on.
If you are going to be keeping the detail on it, then go for it :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.