2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks. Just a quick question. I've got 2011 ctr fn2 and have slowly accumulated a few choice engine mods to go on it which are all sat here waiting to be fitted. I've got a tegiwa 421 exhaust manifold, hoping to purchase a rrc inlet manifold as we speak and already have a gruppe m induction kit and full custom stainless exhaust system fitted. I'll get hold of a larger throttle body too. What I'm wondering is...Will it be safe to get all of the above fitted and steadily drive to tdi north for a remap or is it best to get it all done at tdi in one go?? Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Will be fine but stay light on the throttle (as in no wide open throttle), keep the revs low (below 4k should be realistic) and no vtec.

I've had to wait several weeks for a tune / map tweak here and there and been fine when treating it gently.

Reactions: Bones126

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
As Muse says, as long as you don't over rev it it should be fine for a short while. The problem you will have if left a long time is, the car usually runs weak with these mods so will eventually burn your valve seats out, then you start loosing compression and waste all of the above money.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies gents. It's much appreciated. I've got a friend who runs his own garage and would rather pay labour at mates rates than the much higher prices that a tuning company would charge. I'm in the lucky position at the mo where I've got access to a company car to do my daily running around and commuting so the ctr can sit in the garage until it's booked in for it's remap. I'm really looking forward to the difference that the mods will make ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If your mate has a garage, does he have a flatbed? Maybe you could move it to the tuning company on that, rather than drive it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts