2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The street where my parents live is missing from the Sat Nav system I think. Which is strange as it has been there for over 80 years!

It's Pine Street, Tyldesley near Manchester.

I can find it OK, but when I get near to the end of the selection (either by name or town) it asks which area it is in. The two areas offered are not correct they are in Manchester but miles away from my parents house. If I select them I get a route that is not correct, i.e. it has the wrong destination.

Now this is not a big problem as I obviously know where my parents live, but what else is going to be wrong ?

Ian

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
You can report the issue to the people who make the maps.. they're pretty good at fixing things for the next release (which they'll charge you £££ for)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basegreen said:
You can report the issue to the people who make the maps.. they're pretty good at fixing things for the next release (which they'll charge you £££ for)
I managed to get the place by setting a destination via the Map entry, strange thing is it then knew the right street name?

Ian

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
You see this quite a bit in all sorts of satnav systems. The street for some reason isn't in the index that it uses to look stuff up. If you could be bothered, an email to Honda/Alpine/Navteq might sort it for the next revision, but odds are it'll get ignored.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Unless it's teleatlas - the chaos with tomtom when half of Scotland was missing. Everyone spent ages sending them all the details, to a special department they set up in response to the problem. Then, a year later, tomtom offered a new map upgrade for sale. We had to pay money, but hey-ho. Having paid, there was then the awful realisation that none of the changes had appeared, and apart from a bypass or two it was exactly the same. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you go up the M6 to the M56 junction and turn left heading to Runcorn, the sat nav displays "RUNCORN/ N.WLAES", so that makes it illiterate as well.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
WonkySights said:
If you go up the M6 to the M56 junction and turn left heading to Runcorn, the sat nav displays "RUNCORN/ N.WLAES", so that makes it illiterate as well.
Does it mean M56 RUNCORN/N.WLAES (as in where it's going) because the M56 goes too/through both and is signposter CHESTER/NORTH WALES.
I drive up it on a daily basis to work, but I don't have the Honda SatNav

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
generationgav said:
WonkySights said:
Does it mean M56 RUNCORN/N.WLAES (as in where it's going) because the M56 goes too/through both and is signposter CHESTER/NORTH WALES.
I drive up it on a daily basis to work, but I don't have the Honda SatNav
I think he's just pointing out the typo (WALES)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Isn't 'WLAES' welsh or gaelic for Wales :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Parky said:
I think he's just pointing out the typo (WALES)
Ah...yes!
I thought it was saying that Runcorn was in Wales; I went and typed WLAES and never even though!

I'm tired...

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
It's OK because we will all get our free updated DVD with all the spellings fixed and non-french McD's

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I contacted Navteq as suggested but they replied and said they don't have anything to do with the Sat Nav in the Civic!

Ian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts