2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Hi Rob,

I'm looking for the bumper diffuser but I cannot find the original part number. Can you please share the number it with me?

Regards
Thomas.

08F03TB86T0A

Cox sells them so you could get a "forum discount". Genuine Honda Civic Tourer Gloss Black Rear Diffuser 2014-2018

pretty expensive unfortunately. there does appear to be one fitted on this tourer at a breakers though - might be worth giving them a call and seeing if its still available? HONDA CIVIC TOURER ESTATE TAILGATE WITH GLASS WHITE (12-17) | eBay

Mine's gloss black. Some are matt black with a sort of weave effect. Don't know why/ when they changed..? Mine now has flaking paint where i reversed into a brand new tesla. Oops.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
as supply has dwindled the price has shot up, simple supply and demand economics.

the lower front bumper is now about 2x the price I paid a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Probably get shot for saying this but they are only a so-so looking mod imho too - money better spent elsewhere
when i bought mine i searched out one that had the body kit factory fitted so not technically a "mod" for me but i know what you mean. I do prefer with this than without, but that is most likely as i've got used to the look so when i see a tourer without this it looks naked to me. serves absolutely no purpose though, so agree if you have limited funds this would not be top of my list at 500 quid..

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
looking good mate, and curveball here if the tdi master cylinder is same as the 9G type-r it should be fine no?
i'm pretty sure they are a different part number (unless you know different?) . I'm going to try with the stock diesel first and if that doesn't work well then an upgrade to the type r unit is likely going to be fine (given the R brakes are pretty similar in size to my new brembos).

·
Registered
CW GT
2,271 Posts
i'm pretty sure they are a different part number (unless you know different?) . I'm going to try with the stock diesel first and if that doesn't work well then an upgrade to the type r unit is likely going to be fine (given the R brakes are pretty similar in size to my new brembos).
Nah no idea was just thinking there could be some same parts I'd imagine.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Not much to update on here but i have a few things in the pipeline; super busy with work, family hols etc so no time for anything at the moment, so booked in to Hond-R in Carterton in a few weeks to get the brembos and the two piece discs on, plus camber bolts for the front suspension (eccentric type) to get some negative camber on the front, plus longer studs all round to give me some flexibility with the spacers. To clear the brembos I will need 5mm on the front when i run the rays, and 10mm when i have the oem wheels on. Rears i will run with 10mm for the rays and 15mm when i have the oem (winter) wheels fitted.

Once that's done i don't think i've got anything else on my list. A project car that's finished?! surely not.. ha ha

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not much to update on here but i have a few things in the pipeline; super busy with work, family hols etc so no time for anything at the moment, so booked in to Hond-R in Carterton in a few weeks to get the brembos and the two piece discs on, plus camber bolts for the front suspension (eccentric type) to get some negative camber on the front, plus longer studs all round to give me some flexibility with the spacers. To clear the brembos I will need 5mm on the front when i run the rays, and 10mm when i have the oem wheels on. Rears i will run with 10mm for the rays and 15mm when i have the oem (winter) wheels fitted.

Once that's done i don't think i've got anything else on my list. A project car that's finished?! surely not.. ha ha
Looking forward to hearing how the brakes are after the upgrade. Would also be great if you could post a full parts list too others can do the same without needing to do the research.

Mods wise, I'm thinking of upgrading my suspension. Have eibachs on which are a decent upgrade but when pushing on the car can become a bit too bouncy on back road's. Obviously a damping issue, just need to work out what options are available.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Looking forward to hearing how the brakes are after the upgrade. Would also be great if you could post a full parts list too others can do the same without needing to do the research.

Mods wise, I'm thinking of upgrading my suspension. Have eibachs on which are a decent upgrade but when pushing on the car can become a bit too bouncy on back road's. Obviously a damping issue, just need to work out what options are available.
no worries buddy yes I’ll post all the details and links once I know everything works

Bilsteins b8 are a great match for the eibach springs, not cheap but absolutely worth the money IMO

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
The honda was driven a few hundred miles over the summer by.. lets just say "another member of my close family" who has somewhat of a track record of driving my cars into solid objects.

So it wasn't entirely a surprise to find that on return it appeared that the front bumper had been in contact with a kerb / wall/ other scrapey thing. After we'd done all of the "don't know, wasnt' me, don't recall hitting anything?" type conversations i got to play with filler and paint whilst everyone else was watching the queen get berried.

It's not perfect, but then it wasn't before either as it had a bunch of stone chips already. Looks ok as long as you don't go in close.

honda_bumper
by Rob E, on Flickr

In other news, mot passed no advisories and 150k service done last week too. Booked in for brakes on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·

brembos
by Rob E, on Flickr

Got some stuff done today thanks to Hond-R in Carterton :)

As posted previously, the Brembos are OEM renault Megane RS items; part nos 410113691R and 410011535R if you want to search them up. Bought from bsgparts in poland, cheapest i could find anywhere. at the time the exchange rate meant they were £138 quid each and only 13 euro shipping but you get hit with brexit tax when they arrive unfortunately. Their site does not list UK as a valid shipping country but message the guy there and they're happy to send them if you provide the address.

Freaky parts 345x30 two piece j-hook discs and fitting kit (brackets and bolts etc) and OEM Brembo /renault pad set also from Freaky parts.

OEM honda solid disc weighs 6.2kg (i expect some new ones would weight slightly more - mine are very worn) vs 7.2 kg for the new big two-piece disc, so i've added ~1kg here.. BUT the honda cast iron caliper is ~6kg where the aluminium brembos are only 2.7kg each so overall my brake upgrade takes out 2.3kg of unsprung weight each side, total 4.6kg reduction. Nice!

Eibach pro 10mm spacer kit for the front and 15mm kit for the rear. These are the kits that come with longer studs and a slip on hubcentric spacer rather than bolt on type so i don't run into clearance issues with the back of the wheel. I only need a 5mm spacer on the front with the Rays VR G2 wheels, but having the 10mm kit on there means i can still run my oem honda 18" nitrogen wheels with my winter tyres and have them clear the brembos.

Area Motorsport camber bolts: The civic has about 1 degree negative camber already from the factory. The eccentric bolts allow you to get some more camber on there - i'm set up with -1.5 degrees now, so not massively different to stock but just enough to be noticeable on turn-in (its much sharper) plus it pulls the top of the tyre in a bit to give me a bit more clearance in the arch.

My wheels are 8x19 ET48 so with spacers they are now effectively ET38 front and ET33 rear. With the 235 tyre i was sort of expecting to get some rub, but its fine. Super close but no rubs :)

If anyone wants a junk mk9 diesel hub to test fit a brake upgrade let me know - i have one i don't need any more. Free to a good home as long as you pick it up (oxford).

I'll take some better pics in the next few days, but even on just a sedate drive home this feels great - ride is better with the weight reduction, pedal feels pretty much the same, much more power in the brakes when you push them harder, turn-in is more precise with the camber changes.

oh, and they look f* awesome :D

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Rear fitment. 8x19 ET48 with 15mm spacer so effectively ET33, with 235/35 tyre:

rear fitment 8x19 ET48 with 15mm spacer
by Rob E, on Flickr

Its pretty flush, looks great, seems to clear with no issues - luckily the design of the inside of the arch is pretty flat

and a couple more brembo pics because why not :)

Untitled
by Rob E, on Flickr

by Rob E, on Flickr

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fantastic Rob and thanks for the details of where you bought your brake parts.

My discs need changing all round, I'll probably wait until the winter is over and go down a similar route to you for the front brake setup.

Interesting to hear about the camber bolts too. I'm using Eibach springs on standard OEM shocks and am thinking about trying the Eibach coilover route rather than Bilsteins. Still undecided, link below.

Finally, who do you use for your insurance and do all of the mods make much difference to your premium?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
no worries Craig

i looked at coilovers but tbh i don't want it any lower than it is at the moment and previous experience with various coilover kits on other cars they've been a harder rider than i want. the combination of the eibachs with bilstein b8 is great - firm and controlled, low but not harsh, even with the 19 wheels. given you've got eibachs already makes sense just to get new dampers and keep your spring kit?

i'm with direct line - i tell them about all of my mods, premium goes up but not to bad tbh.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts