2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Carbon Addict :)
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Having purchased my Type RGT at the end of last year I thought it about time to start one of these threads......:D

I traded in my wee Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart at the end of November 2012 for this......a '59 Plate Milano red Type R GT with 19000 miles on the clock: -

When I brokered my deal I persuaded the salesman to get the bonnet and front wings re-painted as they were quite badly stone chipped (Yes I now know that it's fairly standard on most Civics) ;)

Having never owned a Vtec or a honda before I was more than impressed with the handling and acceleration and absolutely love the Type R seats....a real pleasure to sit in :)

Whilst waiting for my private plate to be transferred I got about starting the minor modifications with black wheel nuts to suit the Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2's.

Closely following were a set of Team Heko wind deflectors and an HKS panel filter courtesy of christmas from my wife :D

There quickly followed red LED internal lighting and footwell lights courtesy of two really nice Civinfo traders Mr JP & RickHondaR :D

I finally got my Private registration plate transferred just at the same time my rear brake light cover came courtesy of Gers on here....I really like my reg number and it was a snip at £295.00 from the DVLA and was a wedding present to me from my Mrs when we bought "His" and "Hers" plates :cool:

Rear brake light is pretty cool but I'm still worried that someone is going to run into me whilst trying to read it :D

Next up were a set of yellow fog light protectors (thanks Wayne), automatic folding wing mirrors (Thanks Mr Bozo) and a Skunk 2 gear knob...far better feel than the standard knob....and a Solarplexius rear panel to cover the lower bottom hatch panel....

Switching to the bodywork I brokered a deal with Dombaird on here to swap my standard splitters for his GP splitters and, the day before he was due to come over I had the bonnet and roof carbon wrapped at "Infinity Wraps" in Cumbernauld...mainly to protect the paintwork....a great deal and done by a great couple...I'd highy recommend this company [smilie=thatworks.g:

[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/carbonj.jpg/"]
[/URL]

Dom came and went, suitably happy and my car was sporting a trendy pair of GP splitters :D I then added an EP Racing tow hook to the back to finish the rear off nicely.....

A few "bling" bits under the bonnet followed (Mugen oil cap, Mugen radiator cap, Mugen socks and a tegiwa carbon fibre spark plug cover) and the intention is to get a carbon fibre manifold cover and slam panel real soon.

I want a Milltek exhaust when money permits and an HKS RSK induction kit as I heard one recently and really, really love the sound....Don't really want to lower the car due to the stupid amount of speed humps around here....

Anyway the sun finally came out and I managed to give the car a bit of a clean some pictures of the car in current form and more updates as and when :)

Hope you like and comments appreciated...............

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The motors looking really good. Splitters and wheels really set if off nicely. Agreed about infinity wraps they done a cracking job for me too

·
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Milltek is next on the cards....local garage is actually a Milltek agent so happy days....just need to save the money first ;)

Then must sort out the induction kit but worried that after fitting the HKS and Milltek I'll need a re-map :confused:

Oh...and needs two back tyres :(

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Looks stunning! Did you heat up for the decal on the wrap or you just stuck it? :D

Reactions: Rob Rae

·
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So......added a few Mugen and Tegiwa pieces under the bonnet.

I know people won't be able to see them but I know they're there and I'm a sucker for bling and carbon fibre :oops:

Mugen Bits: -

Tegiwa Bits: -

Need to save now for my Milltek next...but off to Paris with the Mrs in two weeks so need to take a back burner until after :(

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Like unkle c said, you won't need a remap after changing the intake and catback, but to get the full benefit of those bolt ons, a Flashpro map would be recommended. The car is looking good, btw. :D

·
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so thanks to Mr RevMonkey I've taken my HKS panel filter out and added a smoothed out airbox with K&N filter in it's place.

Initial impressions are that the car accelerates a little smoother, grunts a little bit louder and the breathing is a little bit easier :)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts