2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 874 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I have a stock nighthawk black FN2. I am the type of guy who will say I want to do this and I want to do that to my car but never bother my backside to do it. Unfortunately though I broke my leg 2 months ago and I decided that i would take advantage of the spare cash I would have (I get full sick pay) and spare time so I decided to make a start on doing some mods.

I am starting off with mostly visual with the hope of moving on to performance. This is a work in progress and I will get some pictures up once it's all finished but just wanted to put a list up of what I'm doing.

FITTED:
Ricks red footwell lights

6000k bulbs from mr jp

Alpine ixa-w407bt double din

Skunk2 gear knob

TO DO:
Type r grill badge and decals (waiting on delivery)

Team heko wind deflectors (waiting on delivery)

At the moment I am currently painting my calipers but its taking me a while as my leg is slowing me down.

I will keep updating this with my progress and add pictures when everything starts coming together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
sounds like u wont be kept down , nice mods, take it easy uv plenty time to do the rest and hope the leg gets better soon, :D

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Cool mods mate!We're waiting for the pictures once everything is fitted!
Hope everything will be ok with your leg. :)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like u wont be kept down , nice mods, take it easy uv plenty time to do the rest and hope the leg gets better soon, :D
I hate sitting about doing nothing so decided that this would be a good thing to keep me busy.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
sorry to hear about your leg mate, got some good mods going on there all the best.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grill badge and decals arrived today so will hopefully get them on next week.

Also got word that my wind deflectors have been dispatched so will hopefully get them next week.

Had a hold up with the calipers as the dealer replaced one of my wheels and the locking nut is far too tight so will get my mum to drive me in to the dealers tomorrow for them to sort it cause nobody in my family can get it to budge.

Hopefully have everything done by the start of november :)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got all the interior put back together and i must say i am very pleased with how it looks.

I took this picture with my iphone so sorry for the poor quality but gives you an idea of what it lloks like :p

Attachments

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
double din looks good mate, just got the heko deflectors too, look the dogs.:)

going to order ambient lghting for front and rear from rick honda soon too

getting the FRS done on saturday:D at Progrip

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
double din looks good mate, just got the heko deflectors too, look the dogs.:)

going to order ambient lghting for front and rear from rick honda soon too

getting the FRS done on saturday:D at Progrip
Cheers. Cant wait to get the wind deflectors.

I will get the frs done after xmas. Makes it very handy that progrip is only 10 minutes from my house :)

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Cheers. Cant wait to get the wind deflectors.

I will get the frs done after xmas. Makes it very handy that progrip is only 10 minutes from my house :)

im about 70mile round trip;) but from what ive been told it'll be well worth it:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im about 70mile round trip;) but from what ive been told it'll be well worth it:cool:
I'm sure it will be and you can let me know how it goes.

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
ROSSK1009........... get it done mate its amazing:D:D:D

Best money ive ever spent on a car.

see my main post about it...........im away oooot for a drive lol:facepalm::D:D again!

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my wind deflectors fitted but have not taken any pictures yet as the car needs a good clean and the weather has been crap.

Finally finished my front calipers so will post some pictures up.

Before anyone mentions it i know the black isnt perfect but its a lot harder than it looks and you dont notice it when standing a few metres away so im very happy with it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just a small update.

Fitted my grill badge and decals and im very happy with them.

I still have to fit my new rear brake pads and paint the calipers but the weather up here is crap just now.

Just ordered a Civic aluminium fuel flap off here so cant wait to get that.

Finally im at the moment 50/50 on getting the HKS RSK and will probably need to make a decision by tomorrow so that might get added to my list.

The modding bug is definately taking over :)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered my adjustable camber bolts from abp today so should get them tomorrow. Will be getting the car booked in to get the FRS done since Tinkz sold it to me with his description of how good it is.

Aluminum fuel flap arrived today so will hopefully get that on in the next couple of days.

Pics of the finished article (for now) should be soon :)

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Just ordered my adjustable camber bolts from abp today so should get them tomorrow. Will be getting the car booked in to get the FRS done since Tinkz sold it to me with his description of how good it is.

Aluminum fuel flap arrived today so will hopefully get that on in the next couple of days.

Pics of the finished article (for now) should be soon :)
get some pics of the fuel cap up mate, been thinking about gettin one, where did you get yours and how much:confused:.

The FRS is amazing, you can really feel the difference going round corners. and gettin the alignment done properly is the biz, that machine john uses is a wonder,,,,,,, no wires:D

Off to find a roundabout lol:D:D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the aluminium fuel flap off a guy on here for £60. He had used it but there isn't a mark on it. Hopefully get that fitted really soon. Once that's on its a good clean then I will get some pics up

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of pictures of the car but almost finished everything so will get some picks up very soon.

I got a leather gaitor for the gear stick and got it fitted yesterday. Goes amazing with the skunk2.

The only thing i have left to fit is my aluminium fuel flap and all being well i will get it fitted tomorrow.

This also arrived in the post this morning

Cannot wait to get it on.

Im thinking of ordering HKS s/s braided lines for a nice brake upgrade :)

1 - 20 of 874 Posts