2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ok, what type of paint is recomended for painting a Intake manifold.

Looking for a flat black finish.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No special paint is needed, just a good quality spray ;)

I have one friend with his green rocker cover for a while and no problems.

Cant see picture...

Would like the wrinckle look.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must say that spray wasnt on my first list of choices...

Was thinking of leaving the Valve cover Red, and just do the RRC.... altho... this looks like a squirting orgasm:

:p

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Loving the stealth black look! Definately do it.

Hmm...Black supercharger?! Do I?! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
No special paint is needed, just a good quality spray ;)

I have one friend with his green rocker cover for a while and no problems.

Not keen on green... hey that rhymes :D

But those ITBs are sexy :p

On topic. Any paint would do really, its the preperation work thats important, i.e sand blasting and priming.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
There is someone on CTRO who does it on an exchange basis. His work is very good. Or you could do what I did and give it to a body shop to do

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi,
Ok, what type of paint is recomended for painting a Intake manifold.
Looking for a flat black finish.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Hi BRM,

A few months back when my FN2 went in for service, it came back with the paint dissolved off of the valve/tappet cover. What happened is that the mechanic didn't secure the brake fluid cap on correctly and brake fluid messed on the cover. They agreed to respray the cover for me, but I knew it just needed the correct paint to give it that OEM wrinkled/textured finish.

So basically I embarked on a lengthy search for that paint. I eventually found it, its called "VHT Wrinkle Paint", and it works perfectly. I bought the Red VHT Wrinkle Paint, but it also comes in black. You might be interested in this.

see:VHT Wrinkle Plus™ Coatings

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi BRM,

A few months back when my FN2 went in for service, it came back with the paint dissolved off of the valve/tappet cover. What happened is that the mechanic didn't secure the brake fluid cap on correctly and brake fluid messed on the cover. They agreed to respray the cover for me, but I knew it just needed the correct paint to give it that OEM wrinkled/textured finish.

So basically I embarked on a lengthy search for that paint. I eventually found it, its called "VHT Wrinkle Paint", and it works perfectly. I bought the Red VHT Wrinkle Paint, but it also comes in black. You might be interested in this.

see:VHT Wrinkle Plus™ Coatings

Cheers

Belive it or not, i actualuy emailled VHT in US on thursday to ask about europe dealers!!!!

No reply yet tho...

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Belive it or not, i actualuy emailled VHT in US on thursday to ask about europe dealers!!!!
No reply yet tho...
Thanks for your help.
I guess it is pretty difficult to come by. I had a hard time getting hold of some, but I got lucky and found 2 cans at a local American Motorsport company.

Good luck ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts