2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, can any anyone answer my question i have a honda civic 1.8 ivtec 2006 with out sat nav if i biught the whole sat nav system would it fit and work or will i have to change the wirring harness thanks;:eek:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
hi, can any anyone answer my question i have a honda civic 1.8 ivtec 2006 with out sat nav if i biught the whole sat nav system would it fit and work or will i have to change the wirring harness thanks;:eek:
Assuming that you mean the Built-in version, and not the SSD accessory, you'd need at least :-
  • New dashboard (like the EX etc. have)
  • The DVD player that sits in the glovebox
  • SatNav module \ screen \ some wiring
A few folk have done this - in fact, even the entire upgrade (SatNav \ HFT \ CC \ steering wheel controls) ...

Search the Forum ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming that you mean the Built-in version, and not the SSD accessory, you'd need at least :-
  • New dashboard (like the EX etc. have)
  • The DVD player that sits in the glovebox
  • SatNav module \ screen \ some wiring
A few folk have done this - in fact, even the entire upgrade (SatNav \ HFT \ CC \ steering wheel controls) ...

Search the Forum ...
hi thanks for the reply, i am trading in my lovely honda accord 18. vetec 52 plate with only 38000 on the clock for a 1.8 civic 06 plate i vtec new shapeits not the executive like yours it the one below is it es model with 9000 miles on the clock and get it on tuesday night but have seen the hole sat nav system for sale on ebay, head unit /screen and dvd unit but no wiring and was just wondering if it would fit thanks again;;

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi again j.derek riddell would you know which ipod kit will fit my car and work well as my local want£260 for an ipod kit thanks ronda123.

·
9,228 Posts
hi thanks for the reply, i am trading in my lovely honda accord 18. vetec 52 plate with only 38000 on the clock for a 1.8 civic 06 plate i vtec new shapeits not the executive like yours it the one below is it es model with 9000 miles on the clock and get it on tuesday night but have seen the hole sat nav system for sale on ebay, head unit /screen and dvd unit but no wiring and was just wondering if it would fit thanks again;;
I actually thought that the ES also had the Built-in SatNav ! ...

hi again j.derek riddell would you know which ipod kit will fit my car and work well as my local want£260 for an ipod kit thanks ronda123.
It all depends on the functionality you want - i.e. iThing only or iThing \ USB \ 3.5mm Phono - look in here (I bought my Dension 300 there) ...

iPod Car Kit Direct | iPhone Car Kit | Dension Gateway & iPod FM Transmitters

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Unless you are REALLY into doing such things, it would be cheaper to change your car to one with the built in Sat Nav.
It's a LOT of work involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi j.derek, thanks for the reply no i was told to does not have satnav but thanks for the info i will have a look at the website,iwill post a picture of my honda on the website when i get it thanks.

·
9,228 Posts
Hi j.derek, thanks for the reply no i was told to does not have satnav but thanks for the info i will have a look at the website,iwill post a picture of my honda on the website when i get it thanks.
If you want a good, cheap, full SatNav package ...

Buy something like a Galaxy Tab, install 'CoPilot' or 'Navigon', and fit it on a 'Brodit' mount ...

All together, about £500 - and it's an easy self-install ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts