2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I have a 1.8ES 2009 which has the electric blinds for the roof and just before christmas when it was really cold I tried to open them, unfortunately only the back one slid open then all of a sudden the front one shot open in one rapid movement. Now it seems to work intermittently. The back one is fine the front sometimes sticks and then shoots open. I have tried WD40 on the runners without much success. Any ideas or is it a job for the dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Funny you should mention this - or not - mine started this just before xmas - will have a scout around this forum for clues :)

Welcome by the way :D

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems a few people have had issues similar to mine with different solutions. Due for its second service in Feb so will probably get the dealer to look at it under warranty. It seems crazy but now I know it is dodgy I seem to be opening and closing it more. Must be hoping it will fix its self. Ha Ha.

·
JAE 2012 "cleanest car"
2,464 Posts
the dealer will defo sort it, my bother in law had it done the another week, they say its a problem with the gilders, they wear out or some thing. If not under warranty honda will supply the parts and you pay the labour costs of only £250 !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've noticed only this week that mine has started doing it, literally the front blind will only close but not open unless u try and ease it and it'll spring back. It even stuck a little bit in the test drive when I bought it last winter but didnt think much of it as its fine in the summer (maybe every 10th time its opened it'll stick slightly) but i can live with that. I however cant stand the fact it wont open by itself. Unfortunately mine has come out of warranty about 3 or 4 months so I havent really got many options? I dont wana fork out anywhere near 250 quid to be perfectly honest :(

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
The problem is usually nothing more than a brocken spring clip nearest to the windscreen.
The thing is only about 5p, but the headlining needs to be removed to get at it.
Some Dealerships have found a way of getting to it by partially removing/ loosening the headlining, but it's a bit of a b-gger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts