2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not the infamous 'rattle'. This is the creaking from the roof liner, that for me at least, makes noises every day, whatever the temperature.

It's fairly quiet, but there most of the time. A 'few' have mentioned this is due to the adhesive 'failing' between the roof liner and the frame (presumably plastic) around the sun roof opening.

If at all possible I would love to fix this myself without trying to get my Honda dealership (which after 3 inspections have never acknowledged the issue) involved, or paying £300+ for a new head liner!

Should the issue be an 'adhesive failure' would reapplying some adhesive also fix the issue?

Any thoughts or experiences please.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is it just a localised creak or everywhere? do you have a dashcam fitted, I noticed the wire tapping on the headliner as it's only pushed through the gap around the windscreen and bought some of the cloth tape the car industry uses for wire harnesses, it has helped but still noticeable

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise comes from the front edge of the sunroof opening area (I think). I don't have a dash cam no. The noise has been there since I bought the car, but Honda can't hear it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Whether it's by choice or sincerity that the dealer guys 'cannot hear it', I have a roof liner on what was a brand new car, that has creaked all of the time of ownership. I shouldn't have to, but I think I'm going to use my dealership credit as a negotiating point with the dealer to just supply and fit a new headliner, praying that the adhesive around the frame is not faulty like mine is. I don't want to spend the credit on anything, I just want my £20k+ (price paid) car to not sound like something that's been rattling around on the road for many years! Perhaps I'm just impossible to please. 😀

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have a sunroof, but have had a 'buzzing' noise coming from the headliner since getting the car new (dealer can't find it :rolleyes: ), I also had a loner for a few days and that one was just as bad. At the moment my headliner is hanging down, just above the drivers door as that seemed to cure it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts