2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Roof rack for Civic ES

20K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Piquet 
#1 ·
Hi.
Does anyone have the definitive answer on the fitting of a roof rack to a 58 plate Civic ES with the panoramic glass roof.
I never thought this may be an issue when I bought the car. I have the Thule roof bars and roof box which I use on my other car. I just expected to have to buy another footpack to fit it to the Civic
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
#9 ·
I have a set of original Honda roof bars with the extra weight brackets and bike rack if you are interested?
Dont have my civic ES 58 plate 5 door with glass roof anymore :(

When I was looking at non genuine all the suppliers would NOT guarantee it would not do any damage to the roof so went for genuine.

#11 ·
Atera roof bars will fit and OK for glass roof.
I have a set for the missus's ES.

They dont fit in the gutters so no need to cut the roof trims. The feet dont rest on the glass. 10 mins to fit and remove after the first fitting set up is done.

I recommend them. ;)

#12 ·
Roof Bars idea for ES (glass roof)

In case of interest, I managed to take a set of Mont Blanc roof bars with rubbery feet from my old ford focus and simply slacken the feet and slide them further apart along the bar so they would sit snugly onto the metal bit of my 2007 Civic ES roof. Drove it cross country and over motorways and pot-holed roads on a surf trip with two boards strapped to it. It worked fine. I taped up the inside of the door frame to avoid scratches, as the metal foot profile is a bit aggressive against the bodywork. It didn't budge, but don't blame me if you try it and it falls off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.