2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anybody tell me how to replace the plastic roof rail trim on an 06 civic. The previous owner has cut the trim to fit roof rail bars but took them off when he part ex it at the dealership. He put some plastic covers over the gaps but one has fallen out and looks crap, now I need to replace the whole trim strip, but don't know how you do it.

Any help greatfully received

Mr BG :)

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
the plastic covers come with the roof carrier kit, but are availalbe as spare parts in their own right, so maybe easier/cheaper just to get one of those from you dealer. They are about £11

Also ask him to print off the roof carrier fitting instructions off his intranet -shows you how to remove them.

Mostly hidden clip here and there. You'll be very lucky not to break the clips and/or damage the rail when removing it, but if you are getting a new one no problem....

if you do want to replace the entire rail, its about £70

Hi

Can anybody tell me how to replace the plastic roof rail trim on an 06 civic. The previous owner has cut the trim to fit roof rail bars but took them off when he part ex it at the dealership. He put some plastic covers over the gaps but one has fallen out and looks crap, now I need to replace the whole trim strip, but don't know how you do it.

Any help greatfully received

Mr BG :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

For anybody who is having the same problem or have lost the plugs from their roof here is the product code direct from a Honda dealer: It is from an 07 civic but should fit ok.

Product code: 08L02-SMG-60022 Lot No. 206942 Cost £10.50 inc VAT Qty 4 in a Pkt

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Thanks Mr BG.
Will go to my dealer tomorrow. Lost one plug from my roof. Dealer said to me to replace entire rail (both sides) will cost me £200??? Bit too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts