2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow that's expensive.

I suppose the big risk is getting the window out without cracking it. The rest should be relatively easy for any spray shop

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update.

Had a call from honda UK today, they told me that they have told Stoneacre to submit a warranty claim under goodwill gesture.

Stoneacre called me, he said that I've got to goto their chosen bodyshop, get a paint depth scan and quote done, take my service history down to Honda dealership and they will submit the new claim.

But the guy at the dealers said he thinks they won't accept it due to not been full honda history, but the woman on the phone from honda UK basically said they are now waiting on the figures to come through fr honda and they will then accept the claim

So I'm not sure how I feel at the minute!

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Never mind what 'the guy at the dealers thinks', ask him to submit it and leave it to Honda (who have already said they would do it) sort it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My thinking exactly tbh!

The lady from honda UK seemed really positive, she said they had advised the dealer about the 6 year thing but had agreed a goodwill so fingers crossed!

I'd be happy even if it meant a part goodwill gesture and I had to pay 250 towards

·
Registered
29 Posts
My thinking exactly tbh!

The lady from honda UK seemed really positive, she said they had advised the dealer about the 6 year thing but had agreed a goodwill so fingers crossed!

I'd be happy even if it meant a part goodwill gesture and I had to pay 250 towards
How did you get in with this Hipwell?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Still waiting for Stoneacre and the body shop to pull their fingers out and send the relevant stuff over to Honda UK.

Honda called me on Friday to say that the dealership and the body shop had filled in the incorrect forms and he would be contacting them to send the correct stuff.

The Honda approved body shop I was sent to didn't want to know, it was hard work even getting him to take the photos, I'd be surprised if he even actually did an accurate quote

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was told by a Honda approved body shop (that is well rated) that a typical cost for the Honda spec repair for this is circa £350..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Customer services rang me again yesterday.

Stoneacre had told him my car was in the paint shop waiting for a quote, I said nah mate it's in the carpark at work, I went to the body shop 3 weeks ago for the quote.

So he rang them back, they told him oh actually no we are waiting for the quote from the body shop.

He rang me again, told me, I said they told me they got the quote 2 weeks ago and were waiting for a form lol.

He rang them again and asked *** basically, they said it's the body shop.

So he rang me back and said he would contact the body shop himself, that was today and that's the last I heard.

The guys at Honda UK really do seem nice, I'm almost at the point of asking him if I can get a quote myself from a chosen body shop and deal with Honda UK directly.

Piss poor service from the body shop and Stoneacre. Part of me thinks Stoneacre are reluctant to submit the claim as they were adamant from day 1 the claim would not be accepted

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took my CTR into Lincoln Honda Friday, pictures taken and photocopies of my FSH with Honda. Honda UK approved it on Monday! Going in next week to be sorted :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I had to take mine back down to the body shop today for a paint depth scan on every panel as the dealer sent them the wrong paperwork.

Can't see what difference that makes, it's had a front end respray, as have most civics due to the poor soft paint.

Out of interest what year and mileage is your civic?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Body shop have re submitted all the correct paperwork so we will have to see.

I saw the quote from the bodyshop.

Just over £900 lol.

Crazy how much body shop prices vary by

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Honda rang me again today.

Stoneacre have still not submit the claim even though they now have all the nessasary paperwork.

The bloke from honda customer services has given them a ring to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm trying to make a claim on the roof rust at the minute and they want to take paint depth readings so I've got to take it in. So long as the roofs not been painted before, I'm sure it won't effect the claim. They cant refuse a warranty claim on a roof because the fronts been resprayed surely?!? Mines had the front end done to get rid of the stone chips but no work on the roof itself except some stone chip touchups.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeh mines had a front end spray, probably becuase of the soft paint these suffer with, I can't see why it would affect the claim, but it probably will lol.

Yeh, they do a paint depth scan on every panel and have to put the reading onto the sheet honda provide, I stood with the bloke at the body shop while he did it.

I'm in the verge of just getting some private quotes now as it's been going on so long I'm giving up hope.

When I saw the body shop had quoted over 900 quid for the work it made me think that honda defiantly aren't going to cover all that on a 9 year old car, I'd be happy paying a 300 or so contribution but I'm not hopeful now tbh.

Stoneacre clearly don't want me to get it done and I've got no other Honda dealership nearby so I'm just running out of ideas now

I asked honda customer relations today if we could just bypass the dealership and I'll forward them all the stuff from the body shop but they declined my offer and said it had to be done through the dealership

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Quick update

Stoneacre still haven't submit the claim so yesterday I complained to my contact at Honda UK who issued me with a £250 voucher to use on servicing/parts/merchandise which I was very happy with.

He also then called Stoneacre to ask what the hell is going on who told him they will be processing it asap, but still haven't done it lol.

So, no further with the roof, but I'm going to treat the car to an overpriced oil change at a different honda dealership to use my voucher and get the all important stamp in the book!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I give up, I might just have to accept that stone acre arent going to submit the claim and that the £250 credit is the best I'll get.

I contacted another Honda dealership who was perfectly fine with it and said he would submit the relevant stuff but I'd have to go to him for estimates etc, problem is I work monday to friday 9 5 in a school and cant get time off other than the holidays so i wont be able to get to him until the xmas break.

He doesnt open weekends either.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts