2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, turns out, Stoneacre submitted a blanc warranty claim lol, didn't even submit the quote or the paint depth gauge sheet I was sent to the body shop twice for.

So now I'm back to square one, Honda are doing their best, they ring the dealership more than me but unfortunately neither are getting anywhere.

My next option is to try another dealer, but the issue is now the next closest dealership to me and the body shop they use only open Monday to Friday 9-5, the exact hours I work lol.

I've had a couple of quotes for 300 plus windscreen removal and refit. Part of me thinks just sod it and get it done. The gross incompetence of the service manager at Stoneacre Rotherham is beyond a joke and the whole situation is just becoming too stressful to persue

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
After a strong email to Honda last week they have now decided to push the claim through to the warranty team and bypass Stoneacre as they are not cooperating.

He said I will 100% get a decision on Monday but he also said that he thinks the fact I have only got the first 4 stamps of genuine Honda service history will let my case down.

I would be happy with me having to contribute maybe £250 or so. The quote from the body shop was 900, I would happily give up my £250 dealership credit and give a contribution of £250 but we will see what they come back with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just had the call!!

Repair is now fully authorised, total cost of just over £900.

They have took my £250 credit off me, but to be honest I'm not really bothered about that

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Good result eventually then Hipwell. Was it worth all the hassle? I guess so and I also guess that you will not be doing any more business with Stoneacre in the future. I wonder what their problem was. But it sure as hell wasn't customer orientated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Good result eventually then Hipwell. Was it worth all the hassle? I guess so and I also guess that you will not be doing any more business with Stoneacre in the future. I wonder what their problem was. But it sure as hell wasn't customer orientated.
Yeh worth it in the end I suppose considering the cost of the work. I did have a few quotes for around the 400 quid mark but the Honda approval one seems a much more professional outfit so I'm glad they are doing the work.

Nope I won't be going near Stoneacre again, ever after this is sorted, however unfortunately I do have to book the body shop through them so that's going to be an interesting conversation, especially as I'd put a complaint in to their head office lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Had the official email from honda on Tuesday confirming the repair will be free and they have also reinstated my 250 credit due to the circumstances in which it was given to me.

Heard nothing from Stoneacre yet, how long would you wait before going in? I did email the service manager at Stoneacre but got no response.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sat in Honda now and they are taking picture and paint depth measurements. Service manager said it needs to have an annual Honda corrosion check which I guess is the same as full Honda SH which mine doesn’t have. He is going to put the claim in regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,640 Posts
Had the official email from honda on Tuesday confirming the repair will be free and they have also reinstated my 250 credit due to the circumstances in which it was given to me.

Heard nothing from Stoneacre yet, how long would you wait before going in? I did email the service manager at Stoneacre but got no response.
just hope when you get the repair done it's done right , I wouldn't have faith in this dealership check it all over before you leave and don't sign any paperwork if you're not happy , I had a repair done by honda in cannock and it took 3 attempts before I signed the paperwork... good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
just hope when you get the repair done it's done right , I wouldn't have faith in this dealership check it all over before you leave and don't sign any paperwork if you're not happy , I had a repair done by honda in cannock and it took 3 attempts before I signed the paperwork... good luck
To be fair I'm not too worried about that, the body shop doing the work have quoted £900, most of the little body shops I got quotes from quoted, 400ish so I'm assuming it's going to be a top notch job. Their quote includes all the new seals etc

They are nothing to do with Honda, but are a well known place in my area so fingers crossed itl be a decent job.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts