2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a search as best I could, I didn't seem to find too much in regards to this for the 9G.

I've recently bought a 9G tourer 2014, to use for the commute, keeping my 8G FN2 Type R for days off and trying to save money.

As per usual though, it appears Honda again haven't sorted out the issue of the seal above the windscreen eating into the paint and exposing bare metal to the elements.

I had this sorted by Honda with the FN2 some years ago, even with a part Honda/Indi service history.

I'm looking to see if anyone else has had issues with the 9G? And if so, are Honda assisting with repairs? Totally appreciate it sometimes depends on the dealers being spoken with.

Aside from that, massively impressed with the 1.6 idtec and the tourer.(y)

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
If you can't find any posts and I don't recall any I would suggest it is not a common issue like the 8G.
Try Honda and see, they should be well aware of the 8G issue and the corrosion warranty is still 12 years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers.

Yeah they were going to be visited this week anyway.

Looks identical to the problem faced with the FN2. Having had that sorted, hopefully gives me a bit of amunition for the tourer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts