2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this the other day on my 57 plate so gave Honda a call. Took it down to them this morning for them to take pictures, check paint thickness and scan service history etc.

Also got them to have a look at my B pillar corrosion too that's started

Will be interesting to see what they come back with - the car was serviced outside of the honda network in May with it's last Honda inspection/service in August last year, imo given they state an "annual" corrosion check this should still be covered till August.....guess we'll see!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm aware of the thread and that its a known issue - just thought it would be interesting to anyone who has had their car serviced outside of the honda network to hear how I get on.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
They should correct it no matter where youve had it serviced :)

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Well my dad works at a dealership, and he said that they have relaxed the "must be serviced at honda rule" so you should get it done, and if not you should contact honda uk and complain, you WILL get it done aha

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Had my car serviced by a non Honda franchise and Honda still fixed my roof

BUT!!!!! They won't fix my rusty doors as its last service wasn't done by Honda so it didn't have corrosion checks

So they will do the roof but not the doors, idiots!!!!!

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Yeh, if theyve checked the paint thickness, and it hasnt been painted, and it isnt down to neglected stone chips that have rusted., honda should honour it according to the honda dealership guidelines

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that sounds promising - as i said it's actually still within the timeframe for its last honda annual corrosion inspection anyway (but came up to the required mileage so was serviced), i'm just not sure whether i'll need to make that point.

Oh and A Roden......nice name lol ;)

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Is your second name roden as well then? ;)

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Aha nice one ;) long lost relatives :p

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

As per the posters above Honda have authorised both repairs - apparently the Pillar corrosion is worse than they normally see and so are asking the bodyshop for a solution to this (tbh that sounds like bull to me, it's just a spot of rust under the tape they aren't gonna start cutting metal out - doesn't matter i guess) then will have the car booked in.

Good to see Honda doing the corrective work without trying to wriggle out, the dealership have been good too - I had an incredible battle with Audi to get the bottom of my doors sorted out on an 8L A3 years ago (which was a well known issue)

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Good! Glad to hear that it has gone as smooth as it should do :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts